Garage door ideas

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VeeDubMan said:
Take a look at http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Thanks for that, an interesting read!

Not long till it comes, then I will have to sort something!

I chopped the up and over door in half vertically, added a 2x3 down the edge then cut the bottom 5" off and added some hinges so the bottom flaps up allowing the door to clear my sloping drive.

Not pretty but it does the job.

none seems to have mentioned reversing in. in my old garage if i pulled the van in forwards the door would hit the roof but if i reversed it in because the windscreen is angled back i had enough clearance. Im with the give it a try crowd.

antoine said:
none seems to have mentioned reversing in. in my old garage if i pulled the van in forwards the door would hit the roof but if i reversed it in because the windscreen is angled back i had enough clearance. Im with the give it a try crowd.

Thanks for that one!

Hoping to pick it up this weekend and then all will become clear!

Fingers crossed :D

I'm excited now to see if it will fit :)

I like the conversion to branders and hinged sections, this was going to be my suggestion - I recently had an issue with van height, going roller gave me 3'' clearance, doesn't help when you try to put it back in with the pop-top open though :oops:

lard said:
I'm excited now to see if it will fit :)

I like the conversion to branders and hinged sections, this was going to be my suggestion - I recently had an issue with van height, going roller gave me 3'' clearance, doesn't help when you try to put it back in with the pop-top open though :oops:

Can you imagine how excited I am then!

Looks like we could be good for Saturday pickup - so not long to go :)

IT FITS!!!!!!

[photobucket] [/photobucket]

Thanks for all the ideas and help - sorry it wasn't needed! ;-)