• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gene Berg locking shifters HAVE ALL BEEN POSTED

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, hope you can help.

I have fitted my new shifter and after a little fettling it shifts great. Just a bit tight changing from 3rd down to 2nd (have to almost force it in - not good - if I shift halfway into 1st on the way out of 3rd gear and then go to 2nd it's fine). Has anyone else mentioned this and how they fixed it?

Would appreciate some help.

Cheers, Paul :? .

Finally got mine fitted today and the bus feels so different. The gear selection is just so good, it is such an improvement. Well worth the money.

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how solid the lock is? Is it easily drilled? I am thinking of buying one.

thanks,

LV

Lordain Volley said:
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how solid the lock is? Is it easily drilled? I am thinking of buying one.

thanks,

LV
I don't know how you'd quantify it, but it seems pretty solid to me. I'm sure Gene Berg will tell you if it has a security rating of some kind. They are pretty helpful.

I must be the last one to actually fit my shifter.......one slight problem though.........i dont know the exact way round the shifter plate should go and if it goes between the base plate and main body of shifter?
Would anyone who's fitted theirs remember of have a diagram of the parts? I cant find an exploded view on Gene Berg website?

Many thanks
MD :)

It kind of does but i cant make sense of 'em lol neither can a mate of mine in case i was being dumb! I think the selector plate goes on the bottom tbh

I'm sure it faces down and it's on the left side. Might be wrong but unseen to have that in my head from memory.

Nugsy, dont want to be a pain but any chance you could take some pics of it??

When you look at the bottom of the shifter, i need to know what bolts to the floor first an which way round the shifter plate goes.......i understand you've a LH shifter but im sure ill be able to work out the opposite way round.

When you remove the nuts at the bottom......the base plate and shifter plate come away from the main unit and im unsure which parts go in what order.....if that makes sense :lol:

The steel shift plate goes on the bare floor, tabs up and the ski jump tab to the right. The shiny aluminium plate goes on top of that, and the shifter base bolts over them. Shifter base has the pin to the right. If that doesn't work for you let me know and I will send pics.

Thats just the news i was after - many thx!!!!! :D I shall try it later in the week and let you know how i get on :)

Thanks guys for your help/info :D

fitted shifter yesterday and its sweet!! :D :D

Just gotta sort out the switches on it now :lol:

Well guess what, after 3 years 4 months and two buses, I finally fitted my berg shifter today :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not quite sure why it took me so long to get round to doing it, but wish I had done it a few years ago :lol:

now where's my 'to do' list

Enjoy!! Mine should go in this week, after I get some new carpet. Really looking forward to getting it back on the road.

Alistair Craig
@ Gene Berg Ent.

alikat said:
Enjoy!! Mine should go in this week, after I get some new carpet. Really looking forward to getting it back on the road.

Alistair Craig
@ Gene Berg Ent.

Thanks Al
and thank you for all your help in sorting this when I had to unexpectedly had to swap from a RHD to a LHD

Latest posts