• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gene Berg locking shifters HAVE ALL BEEN POSTED

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am ordering one (i could make it two) direct from berg and its going into a crate with my engine. could be a good few weeks getting here as its going into a container with a bus and bug. let me know if you still want one but are in no rush. price is around $450 a piece those are last years prices so may have changed slightly.

Johnny said:
i am ordering one (i could make it two) direct from berg and its going into a crate with my engine. could be a good few weeks getting here as its going into a container with a bus and bug. let me know if you still want one but are in no rush. price is around $450 a piece those are last years prices so may have changed slightly.

$511.78 on their web site at the moment, so approx £339, plus guess there would be taxes on top of that. If only the £ v $ rate was in our favour this would be such a treat to have

Probably a very stupid question but i will ask it anyway.

Do these lock in gear so the bus can not be moved? also are the floor fixing bolts covered too, so you can't get at them either?

ant said:
Probably a very stupid question but i will ask it anyway.

Do these lock in gear so the bus can not be moved? also are the floor fixing bolts covered too, so you can't get at them either?

I believe they lock into reverse and the bolts are protected(cant remember how) - there was an article in volksworld mag on how to fit one into a beetle.

Hi peeps
the holding down bolts are fixed internally in the ally casting to floor , so not accessable for tampering and the top coverslides into a machined recess with a protruding rowel for location , the cap is loctited with a hardened cap screw . Top bit of kit these !!!! Cheers steve

Nugsy said:
can you get a group buy on these, as its somthing i woud be interested in as well?

cheers

if i hadnt got so much on my plate at the moment i would sort it but cant atm sorry.

Also interested...I know I mentioned this in a different thread...but are there cheaper alternatives?

I've emailed Gene Berg to see if they reduce the price for multiple purchases...

Just got a response from Gene Berg...They normally offer discounts for 15 or greater so I'm not sure what level of interest there would be and whether we could get enough to make a dent in the price.

Apparently they only have 2 locking bases left in stock but they are expecting some back from the foundary soon. I'll ask what the price break would be if we did get 15.

Reply back from Gene Berg:

The bulk discount price is the card price less 10% (unless you want to send us a dollar draft drawn on a U.S bank, in which case use the cash price). If it is a club order I can probably do the club logo on the handle for free too. Let me know what you think. I am waiting on castings from our new foundry, and the price of the lockers might change depending on our raw casting cost.

Seems about 10% discount.

I've asked for clatification on whether we can have a combination of LHD and RHD.

Top job done there Baldrick

so we meet again :msn4: lol

I would be 1st in the list for one of these at group buy, not sure on havin a logo though, already got my earlybay stickers to go in, and dont want overkill.

keep us posted on how you get on

i would be in for one of these (RHD), if we could get the discount, better still discounted cash price :)

Early Bay logo'd GB shifters? Sweet ....

Shame Ive tossed all my bus cash recently :( :lol:

Response from Gene Berg:

You can have a combination of anything - locker, non-locker, bus, bug...whatever.
I'll admit to being a bit nervous about trying to arrange a group buy from the US as there are currency fluctuations and customs duty and VAT involved. It seems like there are all sorts of things that could go wrong. Anyone else done anything like this?

In the meantime I'll see what I can find out from HMCustoms.

FYI

I imported my locking shifter last year when the dollar/pound rate was around the 1.75 mark so more favourable than it is now. I also got stung £60 on Import Duty. Take this into account when importing a £400 shifter.

BTW, I just fitted mine today and it is a quality bit of kit - the shift is so precise :mrgreen: mind you GB recommend that you replace all your bushes to get the best out of the shifter.

Des

Latest posts