Gene Berg or CSP shifter?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olskoolchris

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a new shifter for my bus, narrowed it down to the Gene Berg (none locking) and the Csp. Any one using either of these? whats your thoughts on them.
Cheers Chris.

Berg for me. 8)
Group buy going on here......I think?! :D

Topic on shifters:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47039&start=0&hilit=which+shifter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've driven a bus with a Berg shifter and have a CSP in my own. Berg looks cooler but the CSP gives shorter throws and is a lot cheaper.

I have to say, having had both, that the CSP works better for me. It is nearer the wheel and has a shorter throw. I can actually change through all gears without taking my thumb off the wheel.
(The GB is a better looking shifter and you can add a locking mechanism)

I'm lovin the look of a vintage speed shifter myself quality bit of kit

fleeb1 said:
Hey Des, why did you sell it? Did you not like it?

Don't get me wrong the berg is good, very good. But nothing looks better or is more direct than a bug-tech.

I also like to be a bit more individual, everyone has a berg.

Des

I recently ordered 2 berg locking shifters from the usa, by the time i had paid shipping, import duty,vat and parcel forces charge for collecting the customs charges it cost me £495 per shifter. To top it all 1 of them had a fault, :cry: but Gene Berg are replacing it free of charge, :D they were straight on the case, just waiting to see what happens with customs though !

andyo11 said:
I'm lovin the look of a vintage speed shifter myself quality bit of kit

Hmmm not sold on the Vintage speed myself, seen 1 snap clean in half in someones hand...

Bought a non locking Geneberg shifter a few months back direct from them, they were Megga helpful and delivery and dispatch was on the button. Really happy with the quality and tightened my gears up a treat. 100% recommend.

I believe that vintage speed have now sorted that issue by changing the locking method on the bottom of the shaft.

Gene Berg locker for me - imported it directly from the states, great customer service and an absolutely fantastic quality bit of kit. Turned my sloppy standard gear selector into a precise modern feeling gear change.

Despite the price it is the best upgrade I have fitted to the bus.

Although I have to be honest and admit I haven't had the fortune to sample any other aftermarket shifters so my opinion is one sided.

BARKING MARK said:
I recently ordered 2 berg locking shifters from the usa, by the time i had paid shipping, import duty,vat and parcel forces charge for collecting the customs charges it cost me £495 per shifter. To top it all 1 of them had a fault, :cry: but Gene Berg are replacing it free of charge, :D they were straight on the case, just waiting to see what happens with customs though !

Just an update on the above post.
Gene Berg have replaced the faulty shifter for me and its not cost me a penny, their customer service has made a refreshing change from some of the experiences ive had here in the UK....Top marks to Gene Berg, Buy direct from them with confidence. :D :D

CSP :D :msn4: , could not justify the price of a berg, plus i quite like the T-handle on the csp.

Latest posts