General carb question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FIRST POST

Hello, I'm Ed.

Enough of the pleasantries. I've been offered a pair of Kadron 40/44 carbs to stick on my bus ('71 Dormer).

Question is, are they any good? Do they offer much in the way of performance/fuel economy? Are they easy to set up and, most importantly, is it worth me forking out £150 for a pair with links, filters etc?

Cheers in advance, here's to many more questions in the future...

yes yes yes and yes....

thats a bargain... just make sure they are jetted for your engine or go get them setup and jetted rolling road for around another £100

Oh! nearly forgot :oops: , welcome to EB :)

They're supposedly jetted for a 1600 at the moment. Guess what, the bus is a 1600. :lol:

Looks like I'm buying a set of carbs then.

I was only supposed to be re-fittng the interior this winter, so far I've given her a new gearbox, a new beam, new metal in the chassis and now new carbs. All this and there's still only 1 seat fitted at the moment! :oops:

Welcome to the forum and good luck with it 8) Have you got any pics of your dormer?

welcome and sounds like a great deal, get em fitted and then offf to the rolling road with you! 8)

Latest posts