genuine cv boots or copies?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bus72

Reaction score
hey people without going into details about the supplier i have just purchased a pair of genuine vw cv boots, i decided to buy
the best you in theory can get as i have fitted cheaper ones in the past and some of them have only managed a year
on the van before splitting and turning into do-rings.
i received them in post today an was supprised to find that the boxes were not sealed, they had been at some point but the
tape was now brocken. upon closer examination of the boots they appear to look no different to the cheap ones, the rubber
is very soft and i have not been able to find any vw stamp anywhere on the product. i maybe wrong but alarm bells are ringing. at nearly £30 each you could possibly understand my concern. if anyone has recently bought some of these did you notice any vw markings on yours :?:

Think you may have been had ..... Original cv joints are LOBRO which you can still buy from GSF

lhu128l said:
Think you may have been had ..... Original cv joints are LOBRO which you can still buy from GSF
iam not sure its just that the rubber seems quite thin and very soft, not what i would have expected. i have fitted a few cheap ones in the past and these feel and look just the same.

And your shocked ,most parts on the market are over priced rubbish ,doesn't really matter where you buy from most of it comes from the same place ,few more weeks and I can sell me bus and say good bye to the vw scene ,it's priced it self out of my limits now and ime sick of spending my hard earned on crap that doesn't fit . Rant over :D

dub boy said:
And your shocked ,most parts on the market are over priced rubbish ,doesn't really matter where you buy from most of it comes from the same place ,few more weeks and I can sell me bus and say good bye to the vw scene ,it's priced it self out of my limits now and ime sick of spending my hard earned on crap that doesn't fit . Rant over :D
the thing is that if i buy what i beleive to be a genuine part then that is what i expect to get. at this moment in time i am not
stating a fact that what i have bought is a copy of the original vw part but i am not confident looking at the quality of the cv boots. i guess the only way to find out is to fit them and if they fall appart after a year and a half just as all the cheaper ones
that i have bought in the past have done then that will be concerns answered. not sure how i would stand with the supplier
i would hope they would help me out but who knows.

bus72 said:
dub boy said:
the thing is that if i buy what i beleive to be a genuine part then that is what i expect to get. at this moment in time i am not
stating a fact that what i have bought is a copy of the original vw part but i am not confident looking at the quality of the cv boots. i guess the only way to find out is to fit them and if they fall appart after a year and a half just as all the cheaper ones
that i have bought in the past have done then that will be concerns answered. not sure how i would stand with the supplier
i would hope they would help me out but who knows.
Good luck bud

Latest posts