Glove box liner with Stereo Option

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reezvaan

Reaction score
Anybody does these?
I recently bought one of VWH, quality is great but then I realized I dont want to cut the dash up to install one of the modern stereos so thinking if someone does these on the market anywhere.

10408708_886288204730458_8989121472839167286_n.jpg

sorry for the crappy phone camera pic, the light was pretty low in the room.

PS: Dont tell me NO plz because then I will have to embark on the journey of getting a line up of these too :D

People do them for bugs but not buses. I got an under dash mount from an auto shop and mounted it in the glovebox . Seemed to work ok :)

Thanks Clem.
I did read your post on this, discussed in some other topic and thought if everything else failed, would be the way forward but then unlike UK, the road here are pretty rough and I dont think it would be long before the weight of stereo would rip off the liner if the underdash mount was screwed in like you did, spoiling a brand new liner.

I have full range of liners (bug/bus) lying around with me, some original cardboard ones some aftermarket reproductions, including the EB one and I do have access to a quality fibreglass as well as unbreakable plastic fabrication facility which has done me quite a few things in past (including perfect replicas of snorkels for Toyota LC/Nissan Safari). Perhaps I should try it some time to get a liner reproduced with the stereo option. But that is if no one else is doing one already. Because re-inventing the wheel is useless.

Recently, I have reproduced quite a few bits on requests which even low on demand, were virtually extinct and no one was doing them, such as splitty SO23 net hooks. Was a pain to start with but then since no one seemed to be doing these, it had to be attempted. it all turned up real nice. I am waiting for the net hooks to return from coaters. Will post pics once in hand.

Someone somewhere has to attempt whats not attempted before. For its worth a go if for nothing else :D

Yeah that place probably knocked up those bollocks NOS beauty rings

Bollocks to you pal don't need your sort

Go on a honda site they'll love ya

What exactly do you mean 'Your sort'. He was only trying to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

searched some but came up with nothing. no one seems to be doing these anywhere. perhaps too low on demand?
anyway, have sent my VWH liner to be replicated with stereo option, as a single at the moment, a prototype. though it might take some time but i am positive from past experience that it would be done flawlessly.

will post as soon as I have an update.

SkutterBob said:
What exactly do you mean 'Your sort'. He was only trying to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect that JTH is referring to Reezvaan's appalling customer service/communications of late. See numerous other threads on here, TLB, thesamba, etc.

Reezvaan has not exactly done his own reputation the world of good, and he can hardly blame peeps for wanting nothing to do with him or others who treat customers with apparent contempt and whose only reason for being on the forum is to make a quick buck (ie 'your sort').

I am not even sure whether what is being proposed here by Reezvaan is legal, ie replicating others products.

We can all choose whether to trade with him or not. I choose not to, and I'll stick with suppliers I can trust, eg VWH amongst others.

KevH said:
I am not even sure whether what is being proposed here by Reezvaan is legal, ie replicating others products.
What is illegal about modifying the design of the original? and if it is, numerous already are guilty of it and i will not be the first one (think adjustable spring plates for instance among thousand others).
beside VWH "product" is based on original design of the VW glove box liner. its not like they own the design. they are selling the original design replicated by their supplier.

Yes, to do business with me or not is your own free choice. And no one is trying to take it away.

I am thinking of a possible situation, where a supplier/producer you hate, becomes the only supplier of a particular commodity that you want, to your very own trader. You'll still get the same product from the trader, (produced by the producer you hate to do business with) but for a price with a mark up of say 35% on the original producer price.

So I will have to choose b/w hate and a cheaper product assuming I have the cover of paypal with both beside everything else. All I have to do is not pay as gift and instead take the fee on me.

cheers

reezvaan said:
Yes, to do business with me or not is your own free choice. And no one is trying to take it away.

I am thinking of a possible situation, where a supplier/producer you hate, becomes the only supplier of a particular commodity that you want, to your very own trader. You'll still get the same product from the trader, (produced by the producer you hate to do business with) but for a price with a mark up of say 35% on the original producer price.

So I will have to choose b/w hate and a cheaper product assuming I have the cover of paypal with both beside everything else. All I have to do is not pay as gift and instead take the fee on me.

cheers

There is no comparison between yourself and suppliers such as VWH. Don't even try to argue that there is.

Reputable suppliers do not only source based on the the cheapest cost, they cannot afford to risk their reputations in that way. If for one minute you think that a major supplier would use your sources, you are probably deluded.

Reputable suppliers put something back in to the community, by for example sponsoring this site and events, think VWH, Just Kampers, C&C, Cherished Insurance, amongst many. I don't see you putting much back, indeed you have been the cause of a lot of angst on here and on other forums of late.

Importantly, reputable suppliers communicate quickly and in a courteous manner. I can phone them and ask them questions, and they won't make promises of delivery dates that they cannot keep to, and then disappear for a month without a word.

It is not hate, I did not use that word, you did. It is a question of trust. You have to earn it. You haven't.

My personal opinion of course. :|

(Note for mods: if I have overstepped the mark here, feel free to delete this posting.)

foremost of all, the word hate was used in context of "hate to deal with".

Oh what got you even begin to think I was comparing myself with VWH? Of course there is no comparison. And no I am not deluded on anything. I was just presenting a possible scenario. I am an individual not a business (not just yet). But how do you think all these businesses began if not as an individual? And they too may have made mistakes and learnt and rectified and survived. Those who couldn't learn from mistakes are no more.

You're right on the trust bit and I agree I made a mistake of being out of touch. If I ever had to do it again, I would definitely rectify my mistake. And that shouldn't change the fact that I should try whatever I could to make things right. and do more to improve on things, including more products, better services and above all trust.

The way I see it has seems to have come down to a crossroads;
I deliver committed / paid for products and quit doing more stuff OR I deliver what was committed / paid for, try and rectify my mistake (lack of communication) and stay and keep on doing what I could.

What you are suggesting is the former while what I choose is later. I have every right to try and rectify things if nothing else.

No you didn't cross any line, in my personal opinion. :)

I use this, fitted on the base inside my original glovebox

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-MINI-car-radio-stereo-CD-underdash-housing-tray-bracket-enclosure-fp-010-/111058385292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stereo in, wired up, sorted and cheap, hidden away and nice OG one fitted in stock position.

Cheers,

Alistair

These are trading posts . Please respect forums rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts