Gojng to buy some Radars..........JGE Or MWS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some pics of my MWS sprints.

SS05.jpg

SS07.jpg

SS08.jpg

SS09.jpg

i think they look OK.

Jonny - they do look great, the Sprints they do are reputedly the best theyve done :) I'm absolutely no wheel snob and think a lot of the og rim snobbery gets a little daft ;)

Its there attitide and ethics that I have a real problem with :x

i havent dealt with them as i bought straight from CIP1.

I had a chance to compare with some flat four sprint and the MWS ones are definitely much cleaner. I suppose its a shame they dont make all their wheels with the same care and quality.

If anyone was 'selling show wheels only' due to inferior chrome, i would give them a wide berth :shock: . I one thing i can't stand is bad customer service, after all its 'us Mugs' keeping them in business.

Buy from JGE only. They invested all of the money, time and effort to re-create the wheels...

I fitted some MWS polished Empi 5 Mk2's about six weeks ago. They looked great for the first few days. Now that they've done a massive total of 600 miles, they can only be descibred as knackered! :x I washed them regularly, but they've still corroded quite badly. The locking nuts have gone rusty, the normal nuts are also corroded. The wheels are covered in white spots of corrosion. That's a few hundred quid down the pan. I'm going to complain, but I don't expect to get anything in the way of replacement or refund. I'm thinking of some JGE Raders to replace them with.

And before you rush off to buy rims from Heritage or CoolAir, they too buy their rims from MWS.... :roll:

Like all things, you gets what you pay for. I've had Empi 5's from MWS in the past, Anthracite ones and they were fine, although the bus wasn't a daily driver. I've had Gas Burner's from them on a daily driver, and the chrome pitted after a couple of months, but not so bad that it completely ruined the look. Still pi$$ed me off though...

Their Sprintstars however, as Clem said are very good.

If I was after Radars, I'd buy JGE, every time :wink:

Ive had MWS rims on my bus for 3 years now and they have got abit of crazing forming on the polished bits but ive not really cleaned them that often so it could be my own fault. Im not complaining as i got them cheap from a guy who bought them and never fitted them so sat in his garage for a few years prior to me fitting them.
If it came to buying new rims MWS would never get my money, their customer service stinks in every way. Phone manner terrible, face to face at shows terrible. I can never belive how many people you see walking away from there stand at shows with big grins on their faces. They must think they will accept the poor service to get cheap wheels, but will they be so happy when they get home and find out theyve been given the wrong bolts and when they phone up to sort it get told its there fault for quoting the wrong car/pattern etc (as if you dont know your own car!!!).
Trouble is as with most things its a money thing and that saving can let you do alot of things to your van for the price of just the Flat4/JGE/Mooneyes etc. Money talks...............

Latest posts