Serious lowering much needed help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

przemo.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have been reading and reading, looking and noting, and I feel like my head is going to explode with the amount of information and possibilities.
Maybe you could help me out here, as I am seriously in doubt what to but.

My bus is a 72 crossover with disc breaks etc. The rear is notched, the front is notched, the tubs are done, the bump stops are gone.
I am planning to go airride at least for the front with Monroe Air Max shocks possibly (or anything else what is recommended).
The beam will be -4" with adjusters made by my friend, for a decent tuck.
The wheels will either be 15" narrow (Fooks possibly or steelies) or 17" as narrow as possible, both ways with appropriately low tyres.

I don't honestly know if I should go:
- modified dropped spindles with arms etc from Type2Detectives giving 3.5" lowering for a price of 595
- drop spindles from Just Kampers, Limebug, Midland Early Bay (there is something to be done to the lower arms to fit), Machine7, Paruzzi, all giving 2.5" drop with +1cm wider track all for +/- 350.

Rear will get the plates for starters and adjustable spring arms a bit later.

I read all topics here but I have no clue if drop spindles are enough, or maybe I should go for dropped ones.
This bus is my first so I have no first-hand experience or anyone that could be helpful to tell me which is the best way.

I cant comment on anything other than the fact i run a set of dropped spindles from midland early bay and theyr sweet 8) no mods needed to fit either?

Latest posts