Good bye for now

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy

Reaction score
Hi all

After over 2500 mile trip round France I have decided to sell my van that I love, and go for a water cooled syncro.

mainly because I dont think a 1600sp 1970 SO69 Oslo is the right van for touring Europe in, if only I could afford both, and I dont want to go down the route of fitting bigger motor disk etc.

So time to move on, I know Im going to regret doing this.

thanks to all for the help and advice over the last few years, will try to drop in once in a while and find out whats going on, just wish I had met more of you.

Take if easy dudes :D

Just dont think thrashing the tits of it in 2nd gear up big hills was the right thing for the van, and I wanted to take canoes and bikes next year :shock: so it would be like russia roulette with the engine :lol: .

Your right I will probably be back at some point :lol:

NOOOOOhhhh what about our disc brake conversion!!! :whip: :worship:

Syncro Wedges are uber, find a good one bud! (by good I mean diesel :D ) :beerchug:

Have a good one dooder :mrgreen: see you soon ;)

Sorry to see you go,my eldest son has gone down this route after having various splits and bays.He`s got a LHD 1.6 td WEsty Syncro and is very happy with it.
Im also looking to sell at the moment (old age and heath) but Im not selling for the silly offers that have been made. :roll:
Have a look at the Brickyard site ,friendly and helpful.
Good luck :D

I am with you on this one. Although a decent engine & a built gearbox change the way you will look at a bay window, the capabilities of a Syncro are just amazing.

I have taken a deposit on my bay & it should be going this week end.

I have used my Syncro for Bug Jam & it was just perfect. I took it out off roading a day or so ago & used it for the pub run last night. The flooded gravel car park was a playground not a disaster.

Here's mine:

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00898.jpg

Twin slider RHD. Cool as you like ;)

Thanks Guys

Dont get me wrong I would love to keep my bay and get the syncro, but I just dont have the money for both, early bays rock, and Im going to miss mine.

As for the disk brake design I will get this as close as I can to a finished design then hand it over to you guys, CAD, drawings etc, I am more than happy to support anyone who wishes to take this through to completion.

As for dropping in here this is too good a forum to not keep in touch with, only forum I have used for the last year or so, best group of people out there IMO.

Shame to hear this but you have to do whatevers right for you?
As already said though, you WILL be back :lol: :lol:

Get yourself over to the dark side:

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well my much loved bay has now gone to its new owner :cry: , Im glad its someone I know.

So here is the new beast, needs an interior refit and some rear windows but I think it will do the job. :shock:

SANY1291.jpg

SANY1292.jpg

SANY1293.jpg

Already miss the bay though.

Latest posts