Good idear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
null_zpse639022b.jpg

Anyone ever tried these? I found this pic on the net .
I think there called Coleman event shelter or something ?

Lol no my bus is stored in a garage.
I was thinking about getting a Quechua base xl but now I've seen this I think I've changed my mind

I've also used one of these, it's a good sturdy bit of kit and quite reasonably priced.
Cool idea to keep the van though :lol:

i brought one last week £110, 4 of us all chipped in for it and it'll be getting its outing
at apex with 4 busses round it
but also i'll be doing that ^^^^^^^ with it when i camp with the other half on our own
theres a new model out so those versions are getting cheaper

Ive had 3 of them now, all bust :cry: great when its not to windy, but vw shows kill em! :lol:

we have one as a club (hubbadubba club, hinckley) had it a coupla years but like easy says not good in higher winds we have just bought a new canvas as the first got wasted in cornwall last year.

has any one tried this with a poptop underneath? if it doesn't fit how close can you park up to the outside of it?

stu

In fact, if you're particularly good with a sewing machine, I'd imagine that it wouldn't be difficult to make a bus sized hole in a side wall, and a sleeve to accept a pole to attach to the gutter rail, just like attaching an awning. Just a thought...

You can only buy them from really obscure camping shops in Belgium I'm afraid, so if you're heading across the channel it might be worth picking up a few of them.

Nice bit of kit, I seen these in a big garden centre in Welshpool a couple of months ago, forget the name of the place. They are available in two sizes aren't they?? Great idea though!!

easy said:
Ive had 3 of them now, all bust :cry: great when its not to windy, but vw shows kill em! :lol:

I was there helping hold it down in the hailstorm....

We had one years ago, it also got trashed in the wind at VanWest 2009.
The other problem is trying to get rid of all the people that come and sit under it......

Our club ( Der Blitzen Sphincters ) has just bought one, along with 3 door panel sides. The door sides are good as they have straps in for pegging.
One of the guys in the club already has one and we plan to put them side by side and connect with zip ties.
Easily available here. We got ours from Amazon.

Latest posts