got it out!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robins

Reaction score
dropped the engine today what a good felling that was after three days :roll:
but i think iam in more shit now than before,changed the clutch release bearing,got
gasket seal set to go on and cv joints starting motor thing :?
might give pete nice a shut see if he fancies a trip down

Cool.

Give me a call, as I am unsure as to what you need doing. It's way off my normal route but work is quiet, so it might be worth the trip.

07970 540757

robins said:
dropped the engine today what a good felling that was after three days :roll:
but i think iam in more shit now than before,changed the clutch release bearing,got
gasket seal set to go on and cv joints starting motor thing :?
might give pete nice a shut see if he fancies a trip down

Well done! Eventually eh? :wink: You have plenty of time to work on the engine before the weather gets any better, of course you could always stick a 1776 with twin carbs in, and i;ll buy the old lump...... Would be a idea to do the pushrod tubes too maybe? You can get spring loaded ones so you dont have to remove the heads. Mine you, a piston, ring, barrel set is only about 90 quid or so....Maybe rebuild it all whilst it is out?

Alistair

would it be worth doing that,it seamed fine up to bristol,but what do i know,..you got me thinking now you bugger :wink:

Set the valves & do a compression test. If it's high enough, leave it alone. If it's low, do a quick top end rebuild on it.

robins said:
would it be worth doing that,it seamed fine up to bristol,but what do i know,..you got me thinking now you bugger :wink:

No, yours is fine. Just do what it needs. Now you know how it comes out quite easilly, if you ever need to do it, it's straightforward enough. I'd like to get a spare engine and build it up when i'm ready. Yours chugged alone fine, in fact is was quicker than mine, cos my carb has a monster flat spot. Yours is the stock single port if i remember which is nice to keep stock. May be the original? Dunno? Mines a Bug twin port, with missing tinware, no so good.....

Alistair

i would like to try it all my self,but if i get stuck or abit of a panic on,
i think i will be giving you a call Pete :wink:

rich

robins said:
i would like to try it all my self,but if i get stuck or abit of a panic on,
i think i will be giving you a call Pete :wink:

rich
Yo,Robins,Guess who,s joined the club!!
This is my first post, so hope i am doing it right.
Do you know who i am yet????

yep soon as i seen walton it couldnt be any one Elsa :lol: :lol: :lol:

ill be out soon :wink: dont tell mat

you going to tell them what you got :lol:

Latest posts