Got my new fire going

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey look at this bad boy! Just having a Thursday night beer in the garden with a (completely unnecessary, coz it's boiling) campfire. Like yours Ozzie! Very good for £12!View attachment 5718

Now,,,, that should sort out those patio weeds I’m sure :ROFLMAO:
I first saw that on a picture posted up by Jonathon of Jonathon and Pippa fame aka ‘gas 1 man ‘ . The only little thing with these is you have to be fairly gentle with them and they don’t like biggish logs. I’ve used mine now maybe a dozen times and the mesh is just starting to hole in the middle possibly due to someone helping me in keeping the fire going and throwing some heavy ish bits on there, and it’s right where the mesh gets folded so already folded a few times and weakened. Once they’re hot and glowing it won’t take much to damage them without a little care. You can get replacement mesh’s for them but I’m sure with a little nursing that this will see me out for the rest of the season. For the difference in the size between these and the old washing machine drums, it’s a no brainer.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, winner winner chicken dinner ! :)

Was up in Lutterworth at the Techenders campout earlier in the year and one of my pals up there was dead impressed with the fire and its fold up size. So much so that he went on Amazon whilst there and bought one straight away. But he is such a child, repeat such a child. So we’re having a beer around the fire and he’s fiddling about on his phone :unsure:
“ I’ve just gone on Amazon and bought one Ozzie”
” But they had a few on there”
” They had little Tiddly ones like yours or nice nice big ones “
” Guess which one I’m getting “
” Yeah I’m getting a bigger one than you got “
So when he gets this fire out the next time I see him, I reckon I might pee on it when he’s off doing something so it breaks when he folds it up.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,at least I’m not childish :):ROFLMAO::)

New discovery, (for me anyway) some wood burns better than other wood! So at the Air-cooled Campout I took my small bush saw and on Saturday (before the drinking started) I went out into the nearby woodland to find some firewood. I initially just picked up the nearest sticks, checking they were dry by breaking them and sawing the largeer bits. It then occurred to me that all wood may not burn well. So I did a quick Google and it turns out I was right, I found a list https://shirestoves.co.uk/know-your-logs/
But the problem was that I've got no idea what an Ash or a Birch or whatever looks like, so I downloaded an app called Seek, which identifies trees and stuff from your phone camera. Then after a bit of trial and error I found a Hawthorne tree growing next to an Ash tree, bingo, and assuming that all the dry sticks underneath would be from them I emptied out all the unknown sticks from my IKEA bag and filled it with Ash and Hawthorne.
Wow what a fire, it took immediately from a tiny piece of firelighter and was so hot it burnt the grass underneath.

20230701_225357.jpg

Latest posts