grand rapids narrowed 69 savanna deluxe ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davebug

Reaction score
Had bus a few months now,put the odd shot up but shall try and do a bit of a before and after type thingy for you to see what im trying to achieve.Built feb 69 shipped to Grand Rapids USA,spent most of its life in sunny California,hence pretty dry bus,shipped over to the UK last year by a mate who imports and just had to buy her.Done quite a bit since buying it including Slamwerks king & link drop,just back from full in and out paint (i know some of you dont like shiny,but remember its mine and i do !!)on the bolt back together stage now,but still fair old bit to do,will keep posted as more gets done,hope you like it !!!! :D :D
P1050574.jpg

P1050572.jpg

done bit of scraping off and found this
P1050764.jpg

after slamwerks whack !!
P1050592.jpg

P1050629.jpg

in mates paint shop
P1050685.jpg

Now painted back in original savanna and cloud white roof and bumpers..
P1050700.jpg

P1050715.jpg

now adding a bit of shiny stuff,ordered set of stainless Deluxe trim,not cheap but pretty stunning quality,well worth the extra.
P1050758.jpg

Fitted one of my wheels up to get some idea what she will look like,well happy,they were a mare to source,Chrome American Eagles,baby they glow !!!
P1050760.jpg

P1050769.jpg

This is where at now,hope i havent bored you all to death,sorry !!!!
P1050763.jpg

Looking good, we seem to be seeing the rebirth of the 5 spoke wheel, and that is some shiny deluxe trim 8)

Pete

gonna follow this one with interest, looks great

my 69 non walkthru savannah beige deluxe turns up next week 8)

whats the interior plans??

Looking good, i liked it before and i like it now 8)
we will have to have a photo of your bus n my bus together once they are both finished at a show
total contrast ;)

Paul

slammedresto said:
gonna follow this one with interest, looks great

my 69 non walkthru savannah beige deluxe turns up next week 8)

whats the interior plans??
Firstly cheers for positive comment mate,still mulling over interior plans but reckon its gonna be loosely based on a devon,want two sets of seats facing one another over a fold down table so the boys can have some beers in there,got 3/4 r&r already for it,as im a chippy will do it myself out of oak veneer,and also putting overhead locker in,somewhere to bang extra couple speakers mainly mate . good luck with your new bus bud !!!:D :D

Looks well nice fella , alot would have been tempted to keep it ratty and slammed on the steels , But to your credit you went the extra mile and done a full on job - top work son 8)

cant get any better side shot as not enough room in lock up,will be spinning her round soon so get more shots then.. :) :)
P1050776.jpg

one of the front as well
P1050740.jpg

that is a seriously nice looking bit of kit fella, it makes a change to see a slammed and narrowed bus in shiney paint too!
also looks like a very straight bus, looking forward to this one hitting the shows ;)

It did look good as it was BUT now its in paint it looks simply stunning! I'm a fan of white Westy's but this looks better than anything else

Very shiney :shock:
Credit to you on the work carried out - can't wait to see the bus finished ;)