grand rapids narrowed 69 savanna deluxe ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. Is that new trim? If not, how in the world did you get it to clean up like that?

Kirk said:
Very nice. Is that new trim? If not, how in the world did you get it to clean up like that?
its a very hard to find stainless version of the original mate,very heavy and solid compared to other stuff ,and expensive ouch stylee !!! :)

Thanks for posting. I have a 69 savanna deluxe too in original paint but I can't decide if I should repaint or not. Has plenty or dings, chips and scratches. After seeing yours I think maybe I should repaint.

Lovely van by the way!!!

Frisco69 said:
Thanks for posting. I have a 69 savanna deluxe too in original paint but I can't decide if I should repaint or not. Has plenty or dings, chips and scratches. After seeing yours I think maybe I should repaint.

Lovely van by the way!!!

please don't, just polish it and embrace its history 8)

Paul

Sorry no more shots been away for last couple of weeks or so but now back and gonna steam in and get her sorted more shots v soon........

davebug said:
Sorry no more shots been away for last couple of weeks or so but now back and gonna steam in and get her sorted more shots v soon........

Yeah man, need to see more, I might pop round one night for a little look at her in the flesh!

I went round on tuesday night and it is looking fantastic, this is gonna be such a good bus, nice work dave. I really want to see those windows ;)

ooohhh this bus just has everything going on.... and in the right way!!!! loving those tucked in polished empis!!!! like this a lot!

Thanks guys,latest shots on in next couple days,propa stoked with how its looking ,hope you like her too !!! :D :D Good to see you Tobes,bout time you got finger out tho !!!!!!

well as promised,heres an update of progress been bit of a pain in the arse here and there,but deffo getting there now,really looking forward to hitting the road,got a week away booked in her in june so finger out it is!! :D :D
after scraping off rear arches,found them to be equally as solid,absolutely zero rust,well chuffed..
P1050861.jpg

Heres another floor shot,real shame to cover up as looks sweeeet !!!
P1050891.jpg

started paneling back out,but most will be covered with units hopefully very soon.
P1050870.jpg

Had better day today,me and Mrs been tackling the cab,flooring down seats and belts re fitted,soundproofed all over to stop some of the drumming,major clean on all,and fitted me xmas prezzie parcel shelf,feelin good now... :D :D
P1050893.jpg

P1050895.jpg

Finally got Deluxe trim in rubbers,got to be hardest job to date,nearly threw it away,STRESS AAAARGH !!! :evil: :evil:
P1050895.jpg

Finally got full shot of bus that much crap in shed,nearly broke me neck but got it,thats where im at now,hope you like her,thanks for looking Dave..... :p
P1050898.jpg