Guido the B-Movie Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only bit that at all 'midly' concerns me is the ball joint socket itself and this being strong enough to cope - Paul at t2d has a bus that has done several 1000 miles and has said there is no wear or problems.
And I believe him as if the product wasn't right then he'd be in a whole world of pain if a set broke - I mean finish him type of pain - sure he's got insurance but you know what I mean.
Alex's are I'm pretty certain the same as t2d in principle anyway - they each do their own machining afaik and are no way affiliated to each other!

I'm sure there are acouple of 'hi post count' peeps on here that have them and have had zero issues - time will tell as you say. I hope to get some miles on my set this year all being well.

I'm sure ballbag was the one done at an open day? yep was right.....it's been nearly a year I wonder how many miles he has done ?
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19959&p=174747#p174747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My thoughts exactly.

I have just been reading about ballbag's beam build. His stance is exactly what I am after.

I think I may go ahead with them. I feel a bit better after reading that, cheers dubdubz.

no probs sorry for your thread hijack - well there's no pics! K&L is fine but the technology is old and needs maintenance, the balljoint thing for me is the best solution yet [in fact I sold my wagenwest spindles, to buy mine as these new ones add no additional track and get 1" lower]
You'll need to know what spindles you have - early or late discs.........

Thanks.

I gave Guy at Slamwerks a call the other day and he has done me a great deal on a full link pin beam setup which I am picking up next week! Can't wait! 4" narrowed beam! Woo!

dude the bus looks good , looks real nice now its been mopped 8) Mine is the same colour although I would NEVER mop mine :lol:

Got my new king and link pin beam on last night - surprised how easy it was - like a glove. Really nice beams. Will be getting some pictures up later today/over the weekend after I have tweaked the ride height. Big thanks to Guy at Slamwerks for top quality service with a smile! :mrgreen:

small preview... not finished yet :D

22669_315717973938_778658938_4522422_957005_n.jpg

vesp said:
Now your just teasing, more please. :D

Sorry dude... I want to tweak the ride height a bit before I post any final pics. :roll:

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Guy and Ted at slamwerks, I cannot praise their quality of service high enough - the beam is absolutely fantastic. 8)

Wow that looks really badass, Them there rims are tucking real good.

Will wait till your happy with the final ride hight and post one up on the site if thats cool.

http://www.slamwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bloody hell - fri night - pissed trying to log in - took me like 5 times!

Slamwerks said:
Wow that looks really badass, Them there rims are tucking real good.

Will wait till your happy with the final ride hight and post one up on the site if thats cool.

Cheers guys! I certainly will get some more pics up and will send you some. I am so chuffed with the stance already - going to have a bit of a play tomorrow to properly dial it in. :mrgreen:

Hi davesmith 84
Vans looks spot-on 8) you don't see many if any slammed 72s out there.I try'd searching for one for your other post,but couldn't find any.
How was the back lowered if you don't mind me asking.Was there any chassis notching/trimming done.....Looking forward to the pics :D ....Dave

ground hugger said:
Hi davesmith 84
Vans looks spot-on 8) you don't see many if any slammed 72s out there.I try'd searching for one for your other post,but couldn't find any.
How was the back lowered if you don't mind me asking.Was there any chassis notching/trimming done.....Looking forward to the pics :D ....Dave

The back is lowered using creative adjustable spring plates. The chassis isn't notched although I have ground the lip off the chassis to give about an inch more movement - I think I will eventually get Guy to do some notching for me as the rear is sitting quite high at the moment.

Hi Dave

No problem with the notching dude just let us know when you ready. We will sort you a bit of a discount too we like to look after the regulars!

Cheers

That would be fantastic Guy cheers! Not sure when it will be as next task is to get the wheels detailed - hopefully not too long though.

Saw this bus in the flesh today, looks very very cool, not quite finished but i think its about time you put some updated photos up dave

Pete

Latest posts