Gustav_t´s 1972 "POBA-camper"

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I've started on the cab divider/front wheel wells but no pictures yet. I did buy one of these devon windows from a good friend in uk. They are very unusual in Denmark.

really throwing myself into the front panel and valance project now. How stupid that you have to open the valance in order to weld it in (and give it some protective paint in the process). While the paint dries I have bought a lot of vice grips. Cant wait to say I am done welding on this bus.

More soon.

Good work on that bumper! Don't suppose you have any pictures of the process for repair? Very 8)

I dont have any pictures of the process - but I...

Sandblasted the lot
Drew a template - on transparent paper (for baking) - inversed from the bumperstep rubber as the step itself was to far gone.
Cut the bad metal of with a thin disc - exactly at the edge of the step.
Made a piece of steel like the the template and welded it on the edge
Smoothed the weld with a sand paper disc
Drilled the holes
Hammered out the dents
Send it to the painter
Assembled with new seals and bolts

Gustav_t said:
Gustav_t said:

image-8.jpg
[/url]

[url=http://s178.photobucket.com/user/Gustav_t/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-4.jpg.html]

image-5.jpg
[/url]

Got done with welding and grinding in the cargo/passenger area. Got some L275 paint mixed and waited for a hot day to put it on with a nice brush. Turned out good.

A friend came by and we fitted the Devon window. I decided to run deluxe rubber on all the windows - and thinks it looks absolutely cool on this one?

Well a lot of progress since last update.

Got the car running wednesday. got the MOT friday. No problems. first MOT since 1999.
Monday.. Packed the car for holiday and got 5 km. from home - disc brakes were hot.
Replaced the master cylinder tuesday with the family waiting.. turned out to be to thick pads (running late calipers on crossover discs).
Went directly on a 2000 km. shake down trip to sweden - no issues whatsoever!!

G.

and picture of the refurbished interior and new curtains put in the bus.
All done by my skilled girlfriend.

Thought I´d show you how the van is looking now - two years after I found it. Now with a 4 inch narrowed beam (actually to much tuck to my taste. I also found an 1979 Isabella bus tent in almost mint condition. My very good belgian friends found a nice set of OG deluxe trim for me for my 40th birthday.

Gustav_t said:

Very nice done! How much did you go down on the back? One splin? Adjustable springplates or original ones?
Thanks for your request!
Best regards from Switzerland
Reto

Hey! I used horseshoeplates. I am gonna go with adjustable springplates in the future though

Latest posts