hard window seals

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myfirst69

Reaction score
Hi all just a Quicky...I'm trying to get my side windows out but the rubber seals have gone really hard...whats the best product or method of softening the rubber a bit so I can get them out...
Thanks

Rog

just had mine done, stanley knife then new seals, careful with the blade tho gently does it :)

agreed- most times it's best to replace the seals. otherwise heat is the way to do it, but if they've gone hard they're a step away from cracking anyway. If you're repairing screen surrounds, you can use the cut seals to trial-fit the windows before you fully weld everything up.

Thanks guys...cut the seal only to find Heritage have no seals in stock it's the 3\4 side window...you think I would have checked that first eh...Dooh...

Rog

Custom and Commercial have German quality ones in stock. Just replaced mine with these. You get what you pay for. :D
Cheers.

Fitted german quality from c and c to all of mine but stil ended up modifying the opening quarter light ones as the didnt come correct to fit, not sure if any do to be honest.

Latest posts