Has anyone made their own curtains for their camper?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beef

Reaction score
Did it work out cheaper than having them made?
How many metres of material did you need?

Thanks!

Yep cost me about £20 quid. Fabric usually comes 1m wide, if you fold it over 50cm is enough to cover the drop and you have a self made liner. I THINK it was about 12 metres I needed in the end???

Depends on quaility of material realy.
Got 8 meters of fabric for ours, included front window and tie backs.
from vwcampercurtains.co.uk (£22 per meter)
Very good quality, used the ones that were in there as jigs.
Atthe last show we saw curtain sets for about £100 pounds, but not sure about the quality of the material and stitching! :|
If you are handy with a sewing machine choses some material, look at markets and on line, and give it a wirl!!
Least that way you know what you have got. :D

SNV81002.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

I did all of mine and I can't remember for the life of me how much I used. It cost me about £35 and I'm happy with them.

IMG_0215.jpg

Only pic I can find, :mrgreen:

Good old mum is making mine ATM, £40 ish I think for material and lining?

I just bought mine from the store, you know curtain toppers? I think they are called valences...
Great cause they come with slots for the rails, all lenths are about the lenth of a bays side windows and availible in different colors!

here's an example
11209534_138x138.jpg

http://www.target.com/s/curtain+val...7976&KID=679c2b7d-215f-8668-220e-00001304f5be

What I'd love to see is what you come up with for your slider door window?

My misses did all of mine, really quality and that fashion degree certainly came in handy! :lol:

tempted to ask the mothership to do mine for me :)

by the time you are paying for the curtains, the lining etc you are looking at up to £140. thinking it may be a good option to make some. also, that way, if you dont really like them i wont have wasted £140 lol

NaFe

Magiceddie88 said:
I just bought mine from the store, you know curtain toppers? I think they are called valences...
Great cause they come with slots for the rails, all lenths are about the lenth of a bays side windows and availible in different colors!

here's an example
11209534_138x138.jpg

http://www.target.com/s/curtain+val...7976&KID=679c2b7d-215f-8668-220e-00001304f5be

What I'd love to see is what you come up with for your slider door window?

my westies curtain rail goes over the sliding door if you know what I mean? if it helps I can nip out and take a pic if that'll help?

I think this thread is a credit to the forum, when someone with the username "beef" starts a thread about "curtains" and there are only sensible replys and no one finds it at all amusing or makes smutty remarks.

Except for now. Sorry.

(and sorry to anyone who didn't understand and had to google beef curtains :lol: )

Ha ha ha! It was actually my girlfriend who asked the question.
Very good. :lol: :lol:

ProfessorWheeto said:
I think this thread is a credit to the forum, when someone with the username "beef" starts a thread about "curtains" and there are only sensible replys and no one finds it at all amusing or makes smutty remarks.

Except for now. Sorry.

(and sorry to anyone who didn't understand and had to google beef curtains :lol: )

I kept away from the keyboard and ozziedog is locked up....

lol - that didn't even twig :D

I got mine made - did make a set of curtains, my wife made them and we used magnets in the hems so they could just be put up/down easily, however, when my youngest became a toddler he would pull them down at the worst times!

So decided on putting in silent gliss - ordered professionly made curtains as (and don't tell my wife this!) there was no way we could match the quality of the workmanship, especially as they included blackout material - it would have been a lot of sewing and I would have had to do it as I like them to look factory rather than homemade (got in trouble for this comment!)

I do however have an aunt who is a marvel with patchwork quilts and makes them for people! She also made me some matching cushions, and I'm going to adapt leftover curtains for the cab into a walkthrough curtain so will still have a personal touch!

Can't believe I went on for 3 paragraphs about curtains... :oops:

Piccies:

My homemade curtains - loved this pattern, got it from dunelm mill

2011-11-20_08-24-46_35.jpg

The curtains fitted (with blackout to the outside - I'd prefer curtain on both sides but that's just me - blackout is a must with our toddler)

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

My patchwork quilt to match interior - v.happy with this

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

Latest posts