Haz flashers on leisure battery . is it possible ???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey Sam

Reaction score
I have a 68 bay which does not have hazard warning lights . For safety, I want to fit Haz warning light and switch powered my leisure battery.

Is it possible to have the normal indicators running as standard from the main fuse box, but also add a haz warning switch and flashers powered from my aux fuse box ?

Is this possible, anybody done this, or could tell me how ?

Why not just get the switch, loom and relay and wire as per VW, saves problems later down the line if you have wiring issues as you can use the OG wiring diagrams etc.
You could possibly wire off the LB but you may run into issues with potential (voltage) differences due to the two power sources unless you wire them in parallel ( defeats the point of having a LB).

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Good point about OG wiring diagrams later down the line but would prefer to run this from leisure battery if possible.

I thought about the problem with two power sources but thought it would be OK as long as the haz flashers are not used at the same time as the indicators. ? :roll:

Got to ask ... what is 'wire them in parallel ' ? :oops:

( You'll slowly gather I know sod all about electrics - When I fitted my new loom I just copied like for like and copied other members when I fitted my split charge system .)

I've noticed that a lot of people have problems with haz flashers affecting the main indicators so I thought I could eliminate problems by having them separate.

Also it would not drain my starter battery if I had to leave the bus for a long time with the haz flashers on.

( I built a battery charger into my split charge system so my leisure battery is usually fully charged )

It seems pointless to me. I would wire as per OG then carry jump leads. If you really need to leave them on for a long time ( do you plan to break down often?)
Then you could jump you starter battery from the leisure battery.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

If you're worried for safety reasons, carry one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301175299603?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D301175299603%26_rdc%3D1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And run it from a cigarette lighter socket on the leisure battery system :mrgreen:

I'd leave the hazard on the starter battery, and if it ever gets flat, use this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jump-Start-12v-300-A-Portable-Power-Pack-Station-Booster-with-Air-Compressor-4-/161305305343?pt=UK_Recovery_Tools&hash=item258e8ba0ff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Compressor, jump start and light, ideal for when you forget to turn your headlights off, flat tyres etc

Alistair

Latest posts