Headlights

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_B

Reaction score
who sells the best headlights for an Early Bay? Mine are a bit dull and foggy and failed the MOT today :-(

Are there any upgraded headlights that would be worth considering?

Thank-you.

think i got mine from heritage they got the halogen bulbs in them

cheer rich

what are options for fitting in units from more modern vehicles, is there any. i'm thinking some of this new stuff with ultra bright lamps? can these be fittted in replacement cores? my h.lamps are like candles man, they're crap.

stagger lee said:
what are options for fitting in units from more modern vehicles, is there any. i'm thinking some of this new stuff with ultra bright lamps? can these be fittted in replacement cores? my h.lamps are like candles man, they're crap.

Supposedly illegal to fit the new HID lights - from what I've read elsewhere.

Matt_B said:
stagger lee said:

Can you expand on this please?

;)

Justin & Muttley said:
Matt_B said:
stagger lee said:

;)

This was the last thread i was reading on the subject.... http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=585208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi, Converted mine to use 7" mini headlamps with angel ring side lights.

20062008179-1.jpg

Not for the purist's but I like them :)

Matt_B said:

;)[/quote]

I have read that you need a self levelling mechanism and washers for HID lights, but not sure that this is correct or not?

Cali_bay said:
Matt_B said:

;)

I have read that you need a self levelling mechanism and washers for HID lights, but not sure that this is correct or not?

Also was told this - self levelling as they blind people and need washers to (I assume) prevent over heating from dirt on the lenses

Those mini ones are cool - interested in more info, are they a straight swap?

Hi all, Got the mini 7" headlamps off ebay, the guy also sell's the mounting bucket that they fit in to. I t's just a case of mounting the plastic bucket in the correct position as the adjustment is in the bucket it's self and not on the outside chrome ring as per EB 3 hole lamps, once set up just replace the chrome ring and glue in the old screw to make it look stock. The wiring is just swapping over the connection, comes to about £85.oo all in inc p&p.
Hope this helps

Headlamp http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-Crystal-Angel-Eyes-Full-Headlight-Kit-New_W0QQitemZ380127711992QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item58816092f8&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mounting Bucket http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Headlight-Headlamp-Plastic-Bowl-Pair-NEW_W0QQitemZ260279435411QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3c99dd0093&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers surf .. good stuff that ..

No probs with mot is there?

They're on my buy list !

Hilly

(I'll pm yer when i get stuck!)

No problem with M.O.T for the past two years, failed three years ago, because the aim was out, changed to these and set them up and it passed, PM me any time happy to help (if I can :D )

Step by step as requested.

Step one. remove old unit.
DSCF0028.jpg

Step two. Fit new mounting bucket, self tapper or small bracket to secure, set up position using chrome ring as a guide.
DSCF0029.jpg

Step three. Secure in new lamp unit and set up aim, as this is now done using the mounting bucket before the chrome ring is replace as per late bay.
DSCF0030.jpg

Step four. Replace chrome ring using original fixing, the old aim adjusting screws are no longer used, I will just fix some screws in to give original look.
DSCF0031.jpg

Hope this helps, please post some pics of yours.

Latest posts