1967 Neptune Blue Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engine bay painted and ready for engine install.

With the assistance of @Fortunate Son the brakes are now bled and ready to roll, apart from a really annoying miniscule leak at one of the rear caliper banjos.

I wasted another few hours by fitting the type 3 big bore heat exchangers and CSP Python exhaust.

Only to find they clashed with the engine support bar, as expected, so back off they came and the J tubes went on that I've previously ran.

So there's about £2k worth of type 3 exhaust for sale if anyone's interested. I'll take £1.4k.

Back on the type 3 case mods I bought one of the dipstick conversions, which was completely wrong if you tried to fit any tinware.
A bit of blowtorch action melted the epoxy holding the tube in, and 10 minutes work with a die grinder sorted the issues out.

JB Welded and ready to fit once cured.

After a day spent modifying various parts of the engine bay, due to the raising the engine and my calculations being slightly out, with the engine still in place
i.e. cutting out Teddy's lovely welded engine bay panels (with a recip saw 🫣), raising and temporarily fixing them back so the rubber seal is in the right place,

and drilling a hole for the throttle cable,

I'm at this stage, and now trying to find where I placed the throttle cable fixing for the carb linkage.

After a day spent modifying various parts of the engine bay, due to the raising the engine and my calculations being slightly out, with the engine still in place
i.e. cutting out Teddy's lovely welded engine bay panels (with a recip saw 🫣), raising and temporarily fixing them back so the rubber seal is in the right place,

and drilling a hole for the throttle cable,

I'm at this stage, and now trying to find where I placed the throttle cable fixing for the carb linkage.

I do like that engine hatch Sparky!

Latest posts