Heat Exchanger Vs Propex

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markofkent

Reaction score
Hi

I have no heat exchangers in my t2 so no heat and Im sure it will get chilly very soon

Would I be best getting the heat ex fitted or go with a Propex set up

Many Thanks

Mark

Hello mark

i run propex hs2000

it get very cold ware my home in sweden , and heat exchangers taked to long to heat up

propex it is a lot of money too pay out in one go , but is well worth in the end

in my bus i have it in the rare under the bench seat , it is very quite and nice and warm

i would go with propex as quick to heat up

i also have a heated front screen , and i would say it is good in sweden ,
i am not sure it is nessasary in england , but i would recomend one for very cold and for demisting

karl

The HEs give you free heat, Propex costs you money to use. I'd fit both, HE for when rolling and Propex for when camping. That's what I did, although have been known to warm the van with the Propex when on the move ;)

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Your choice depends on how you use your bus.

Heat exchangers give free heat and work when your driving but are not great on short runs in town and no good when camped.

Propex works when you switch it on, costs more to get and eats gas bottles.

I run both when the van is drivable that is.
As for the heater,mine is an Eberspacher diesel unit fitted under the bed,got the idea from Stuart at Midland Paintwerks,he advised me where to fit the tank and all the other bits n bobs.Gets very hot and sounds like a Harrier Jump Jet on take off when first fired up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts