heating (cosy camper)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubble

Reaction score
Hi all... can anyone shine some light on the most affordable (initial lay out cost) way of heating the camper during the night or even when on the move? condidered some kind of boat heater??? they seem quite expensive! I have a butane bottle in the van if this will help. Ive also noticed 12v heatres, but get the funny feeling that my aux battery wont last the night. Cheers

saw this the other day, looks like a good idea, its sold, but im sure they come up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nightheater-Bay-Window-VW-Camper-Van-/260874372125?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item3cbd53041d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers Antoine..saw that my self... wouldnt have a clue what to do with it to be fare! looks a bit dangerous

lol true but for a fiver even i could afford to have a play. :lol:

I put a modern webasto petrol fired heater in mine. Not the cheapest but by god it's good! And you don't need to be carrying a desperate gas can around with you, it's just t-pieced into the main fuel line with its own pump and filter. Hands down the best addition to the van I've made, and pretty easy to fit up etc....

I have one of these alternatives. A gas heater for that period look and relatively cheap. They were available for VW's, Commers, etc as an aftermarket unit. Heats the van in no time but not so sure you should run it whilst asleep. Don't think I would run any heater whilst asleep.

Manufacturer: Infradex Ltd, Model:Ubique. There are two versions one with attached push button lighter one without.

eb*y no. 110763854751

Also shown in this thread

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=514431" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i bought a diesel eberspacher for mine.secondhand on fleabay was about 4-500 notes for a 5-7yr old item! expensive considering they are only 750-800 new with 2yr warranty.
i was really cheeky and offered 650 and got a brand new one.they use .2ltrs/hour on full heat @2.2kw not bad.you can last aweek on one can of fuel even longer with selected heat.
only downside is they are quite noisy on full chat(sound like harrier jump jet on initial start up).

sharky.

55ovalcharlie said:
I put a modern webasto petrol fired heater in mine. Not the cheapest but by god it's good! And you don't need to be carrying a desperate gas can around with you, it's just t-pieced into the main fuel line with its own pump and filter. Hands down the best addition to the van I've made, and pretty easy to fit up etc....
Hi Oval Charlie,

Which one did you go for ? was it self fit or dealer & an approximate cost.

Also is it possible to run it whilst driving ?

Thanks

G

may have a spare eber petrol if anyone is interested, it is a big un 4kwh...apparently much better than those propex things...

im probably shooting myself in the foot here and going to get a load of tech questions, however i used be a part of a registered webasto dealer and so fix these things all the time , eberspacher too.

if you are going down the new route then i would highly recommend airtop 2000, but make sure you set up the exhaust gas when runnin as the element will coke up and after a year youll need a new one , apart from that they are great.

try to aviod running on reduced heat as this does the same as above,

eberspachers are cool to however the same thing really can be a pain with with all the electronics. d1 lc try to aviod d1lcc as more electronics than is needed

if you look hard enough you can find webastp hl 18 for sale hl 32 also but they a bit bigger.
dont go down the old skool hl 30 route as they have a mech fuel pump( leaks) , use more power and stink

these are cheap and you can clean the heat exchangers and re bush the motors and all that jazz( basically easy money maintenance) also has glow plug rather than the more modern ceramic glow pin. 5 quid from lucus as opposed to 50 - 70 quid for wabasto.

they dont use you battey up as only a tiny fan motor and the pump really.

so theres my imput, im guessing you are mega confused now!!!!

john the horse.

any questions i dont mind , but im not the guru i used to be as was over 10 years ago.

john the horse
ps i just put the gas stove on the buddy seat for 10mins, job done :lol:

Latest posts