Hello from Lancashire

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryankle

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd say hello and introduce myself
I've owned by bus for two years ,never done anything mechanical or owned a vw in my life before , but keen to listen learn and get to grips
I've learned to service it and have changed quite a few things so far.
The main thing next is the suspension.
We camp a lot each year 35 nights last year and the vans loaded with kit so the suspension needs to cope with that and the huge speed bumps on my street

So with that in mind can I pick your brains please?

4eradasy.jpg

6atevu2y.jpg

Whoops might have forgotten to mention its a Late

I would really appreciate your advice

Ps also on the lookout for a roof rack
Thanks
Al

Thanks, it looks like its permanently popping a wheelie though
Even when I sit in it
Any ideas?

She's definitely riding on stilts! Needs hitting with the lowering stick mate, depends what you want though? Just a lower sensible ride or sat on its arse? Also what you want to spend? I'm not the man to give you an idea of prices though I'm afraid, I'm fairly new to this scene.

Just a lower sensible ride.
Level would be nice,
The tyres are smaller on the front than the rear so it's making a slight difference.

I've also got the lift up handle on the sliding door! If it helps me to be accepted :)

na dont go low go high, mine was saging on rear raised mine from 21 to 24" to level it up, meassure floor to gutter on level ground at both ends to see how much you need to go i only moved mine one outer spline, dont cost anything apart from time to raise back up did it on mine
in a couple of hrs,but did change rubbers which were worn,
as for roof racks depends on what you want to spend i bought some
baremetal ones 3 and 2 bow for about £200 the pair last year at stanford hall, (some picks on my thread of both and raising rear) but you can pay lots of money for others from the usual suspects

Latest posts