Hello from Sydney

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kombirod

Reaction score
HI

Just found your site, great pics and lots of info.

I will post some pics of my bus in the next few days.

Nice over here............ except for the sharks

Here we go

uteforsale015.jpg

uteforsale011.jpg

uteforsale012.jpg

Hello mate and welcome :cool0008: nice bus you have there :motion:

Plans are to keep tidying her up. I have just painted the roof with a roller as per a few popular sites and am letting it cure for a few more days before I give it a light rub back and polish.

I will post some pics of it later.

I am located in Manly, just north of the city , by the beach.

Thanks for the welcome all. Love the pics of all your buses, much more variety than we get here.

Well the people you meet when you're out and about...thought i recognised that bus. :ras:

Kombirod said:
Plans are to keep tidying her up. I have just painted the roof with a roller as per a few popular sites and am letting it cure for a few more days before I give it a light rub back and polish.

I will post some pics of it later.

I am located in Manly, just north of the city , by the beach.

Thanks for the welcome all. Love the pics of all your buses, much more variety than we get here.

Used to enjoy taking the ferry over to Manly for days out at the beach & take the kids to the aquarium shop to look at the fish etc 8)

Cker5 said:
Welcome, and nice bus. Where's it from, any further plans?
Thanks for the welcome.

It was a local bus from Wollogong, south of Sydney. I got it from ebay. Whent and had a look and drove it around and ended up buying it on the spot.

Have just recoed the brake booster and starter motor. i have a few small rust issues to take care of before winter and then I am going to lower it.

I may end up painting it white as I may need a white van for a new business and think the bus would stand out as a great marketing tool?

If I do paint it I am thinking about doing it with a roller as the roof has turned out pretty dam good.

Kombirod said:
Cheers mate, no sunroof, but would love one.
I was told that the colour is honey brown?
scott wilson said:
sweet sierra yellow 71 deluxe...has it got a sunroof? :cool0008:

That is honey brown! VW Australia had their own unique range of colours.

in2vws_AU_Paint_22.jpg

Kombirod said:
Cker5 said:
Welcome, and nice bus. Where's it from, any further plans?
Thanks for the welcome.

It was a local bus from Wollogong, south of Sydney. I got it from ebay. Whent and had a look and drove it around and ended up buying it on the spot.

Have just recoed the brake booster and starter motor. i have a few small rust issues to take care of before winter and then I am going to lower it.

I may end up painting it white as I may need a white van for a new business and think the bus would stand out as a great marketing tool?

If I do paint it I am thinking about doing it with a roller as the roof has turned out pretty dam good.

Hi there dude and welcome, if you want some good slaamming done, go and see The Chief at Indian Automotive out in Penriff.
Tell him David sent you and he might make you a cup of coffee.

Latest posts