Help! Brakes have bound on!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosko

Reaction score
Attempted to go out in my van today and found the brakes have bound on. I've tried the standard hittting with hammer and revving like a maniac then dropping the clutch techniques but have had no joy. Anybody got any suggestions that might help me to avoid garage bills in January? It would be much appreciated, not least by my bank manager!

deffo take the wheels off, a few shot sharp whacks should help.
maybe back the adjusters off a little too :wink:

Lovely! Thanks for the advice. Might be a couple of days before I have the time but I'll definitely give it a go. Hitting with hammer solutions are the best :twisted:

slammedkustom said:

agreed with the ledgend that is SK! back off em adjusters and smack with the ammer will sort em, mine did that last year on the way to vanfest for some reason, one seized on, so it was a turn with the screwdriver and a club with MR Thor the hammer and all sorted 8)

easy said:
slammedkustom said:

agreed with the ledgend that is SK! back off em adjusters and smack with the ammer will sort em, mine did that last year on the way to vanfest for some reason, one seized on, so it was a turn with the screwdriver and a club with MR Thor the hammer and all sorted 8)

:lol:

BFH - the all purpose tool.... :lol: as SK said smack it..... my bug always had a problem after sitting for a while...

Latest posts