Help Drop Spindles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gowans1

Reaction score
Hiya I have an early 68 Bay and I am wanting to lower it on drop spindles, please can anyone tell me what size drop spindles I need as some people are saying 2inch and some are saying 4 inch. The wheel size is 195-50R15 which will be going on the camper and can you also advise where to buy, we live on the Isle of Man and find it difficult to buy. Thank youHelp

The most available ones are the Transporterhaus ones available from them direct or from cool air, these are a 4" drop, the wagenwest ones from the states are 2.5".

Slightly concerned by your tyre size choice as that's quite wide for a front tyre on dropped spindles, on 15's I wouldn't run anything bigger than 175/55/15.

Also please don't run those tyres on the rear as you will rev the nuts off your engine, they are well below the rolling radius of stock tyres, on the rear the tyre of choice is 185/65/15 unless you have shortened your axle tube and then you an run 195's

How are you lowering the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts