HELP NEEDED with my 68 Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gowans1

Reaction score
I have a 68 early bay which seems to have a electrical problem, the engine doesn't run properly when starting off and driving on a low load the vw seems to misfire but when you get up to a decent speed she is fine. As soon as she has start to pull up a hill or struggle it as though she missing on one of the cylinders. We have had a few mechanics look at it and they seem to think it some type of electrical fault. I have changed the distributor leads, plugs, carb, all gaskets. The mechanics reckon the engine is very strong. When she is stationary she revs and ticks over lovely but as soon as I start to drive her she seems to struggle but as she gets speed up she improves. I feel like I have tried everything and don't know what else to try. Please help me to get my bay working properly. Thank.

The carb mixture screws being out would make it run like that, as would bad points or timing. Have a look on this site to set your carb up,
http://www.vw-resource.com/tuneuplinks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good luck, keep us posted.
Sometimes a few test runs and tiny tweaks can make the difference.

Latest posts