Help Please!!!! Rear torsion bar fitment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Removed all the rear axle and spring plates ect. When taking off the rear offside spring plate, the torsion bar came out of its centre housing aswell. Any ideas on how to get the bloody thing back in?

Spent hours so far trying to push it home. I know that they are not interchangable and the nearside has not been out so havent got them mixed up. Realised that the diameters of end are different and made sure that its going in the correct way.

Someone please pass on their wisdom and help

Cheers Zack

I can recall doing the same as you on a later bay and having no problems popping the torsion bar back in. I would have thought it would have gone in fine as long as the splines line up. have you shone a torch into the housing to see if something has dropped into the socket and caused an obstruction perhaps :roll:. If it came out easy enough you'd think it would go back in easy enough, good luck :wink: .

A wee bit of jiggery pockery ...try a few expletives, kicking and walk away for a coffee pass it over to the missus and hey presto jobs done...

Latest posts