Help! Shift rod coupler come undone!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatbuilder

Reaction score
And on my birthday too!!! :cry:

My bus is now stranded at my mother's house. Somehow the shift rod coupler thing at the back has disconnected itself so I can't get any gears. The gear stick is just loose. How do I fix this?

This bit has broken in two bits. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait to get a new one. Anything else I should consider changing while I'm messin about down there?

J10421.jpg

Have you checked the condition of your trans mounts? Something has moved a lot to cause the bushing cage to break.

I can only locate one transmission mount, right at the front of the transmission. Looks in good condition and hasn't moved.

Is there more than one transmission mount or is it just bolted onto the engine at the back?

What age bus is it? There are rubber mounts on the ends of the rear support bar, but not sure what age bus you have.

Looks like a simple case of the coupling failing but at least it was done up :shock: The day after i picked the bus up mine just popped apart as no one had bothered to do the nut and bolt up :roll: Just replace it and then see if 2nd's ok :D

Should get delivery of the new coupling tomorrow. Poor girl is sitting there paralysed at the moment. To make her feel better, I've given her a new radio aerial, a roofrack, a new window squirter button, and fixed and resprayed her old wiper blades.

Next is new cab and sliding door seals.

Latest posts