Help - thumping sound while on move !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james_stan

Reaction score
Hi All

Suddenly developed a thumping sound from rear of vehicle. seemd to be in time
with wheel rotation so I'm thinking brakes maybe or final drive. No difference if I depress clutch while moving.

Brakes not getting too hot but only just noticed it while pootling around town. Gets quite loud on pulling up but not too bad when coasting. Also worse on acceleration.

Ideas ? Supposed to be goingf for a couple of days in Peaks tomorrow..

JS

Probably that late bay lover you ran overhttp://forum.earlybay.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=42245#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sorry i can't help otherwise.

maybe wheel bearings :?: jack the bus up at the rear grab the wheel quarter to three and give it a wiggle then six oclock if excessive play(1mm is ok ) more than that you need to change the bearings check the other side aswell if they have gone you might aswell do both sides so you happy motoring ;) 3 hour job to do both sides

chris

Have you lowered the rear at all? The reason I ask is I did with horseshoe plates and it caused my handbrake cable to rub on the wheel weights that were on the inner lip of the rear wheel

Panic over ! One of the castle nuts had worked loose and was 'resting' on the split pin. :oops:

Not dangerous I hope but rather loud given the relatively small amount of play..

Thanks for the replies BTW !

Latest posts