Help with door locks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n0rthernm0nkey

Reaction score
Hi All

both my cab door locks have no packed up. Basically, you put the key in, it turns but it will not lock or unlock, it just rotates. You can lock/unlock the doors with the door lock pins.

So whats broken? Can I repair it so I still retain a single key for all locks?

Cheers in advance
Al.

Rotates all the way round? If so, there are some grooves and locating sliders inside the mechanism that limit the travel of the barrel. Will need stripping down to find out if something is missing / broken, but it may be an easy fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if you can get your handles off we can sort them for you

Call Robin at the lock shop and we can sort it all out for you

https://www.customandcommercial.com/about-us/lock-shop/

thelockshopbanner.png

Not sure if it's the same problem but had similar on one of my doors. It was a tiny little spring that had broken can still buy replacements from vwh i think but must admit it was a real faff replacing it but solved the problem

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

mine is doing exactly the same thing. it turns as if it should work and stops where it should, but it doesn't unlock the door. will lock/unlock from inside, but the key turning doesn't affect the locking mechanism...basically mine has a snapped one of these:

https://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-baywindow/baywindow_door_tailgate_engine_lid--and--pick_up_parts/baywindow_cab_door_handle_parts/genuine_vw_replacement_operating_arm_l_code_68_336/

the piece is different depending on lock code but there are various ones on C&C. That piece had snapped and as the barrel turns, the jutting out piece should push the mechanism up and unlock it. I Found the broken half sitting inside the bottom of the door so I assume this will be the problem. pretty sure it will be easy to fix, as soon as I get round to ordering the piece!

Hi Abby, did you manage to fix your door? I also found the same piece in the bottom of the door (looks undamaged) but have no clue how to re fit it, wondered how you got on? Any help and tips greatly appreciated.
Trudie

Mine was definitely the little spring as mentioned above. Took the lock out and replaced the spring - worked a treat ever since. Thanks for the help :D

Latest posts