Hex Bar Linkage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hex bar setup has nylon bearings at each end, also I think there is an adjustment for the end float of the bar. Check that this isn't too tight because when the engine compartment heats up it could be binding.
CSP hex bar is bearings, the cheap empi hex is bushed.

He’s got the CSP hex bar, not the bellcrank. The hex is supplied with a spring, CSP do now sell a spring for the bell crank as the carbs returns were not substantial enough alone.
Yes I know he has the hex bar, I was just pointing out that the bell crank didn’t have a spring at all. Maybe in some engine set ups a spring is not needed, but as I and a few others have found fitting their spring into the bell crank is a good idea. 😀

Yes I know he has the hex bar, I was just pointing out that the bell crank didn’t have a spring at all. Maybe in some engine set ups a spring is not needed, but as I and a few others have found fitting their spring into the bell crank is a good idea. 😀
I really rate the bell crank but I’ve never fitted 1 and not needed an extra spring. As I say CSP do now offer a spring which cures problem. Although I do think they should include it with the kit now they are aware of it

Latest posts