Hi all

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chill 71

Reaction score
Hi all been looking in for a while but only just got round to signing up (now i've got me bus ) I've got a 1971 blue 'n' white micro bus from the good ole U S of A, as supplied by Mr Walker @ the Bus Station, and I'm lovin it to bits so far !!! Yes its had some problems already, clutch cable, oil leak, etc ,but I kinda expected that !!
I've got loads of questions but i'm gonna have a good look through whats already on here first. By the way she's called "Daphne"

Attachments

• CIMG0671[1].JPG
    CIMG0671[1].JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 512
Looks sweet dude , Loooooooonnnnnnngggg drive home hey . Bet you were smiling likea Cheshire Cat all the way home :mrgreen:

Ooohh.. that looks like a really nice van! Best of luck to you and 'Daphne'......just teething troubles I'm sure.

Hello and welcome, and good purchase! 8)

Hello and welcome! :D

Daphne looks lovely, and is the same colour scheme as my Danbury.

Southsea is where my 'bay days' all started.... a few decades ago! :lol:

Thanks for the kind words all ! :oops: It was an epic trip up from South sea, (exhaust falling off and all that) it poured with rain all the way ! and it was the first time I had ever driven a bus of any kind ! Luckily I had Jim on board; a VW nut with lots of knowledge and even more enthusiasm so we got home in one, (well two) , pieces several hours later and im still grinning now 8) Since then I've taken the missus to "Run to the Hills" out in Derbyshire, slept over, up to Colne in Lancashire the next day to play a gig with me band, slept over, then back to Sheffield the next day for another gig and she didnt miss a beat ! The van that is ,not the missus ! Last weekend I took the kids down to "Vanfest " and agian she was great, I just love this whole VW thing.

Latest posts