Hi saw the light and brought a bay...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sittingonthedockofthe BAY

Reaction score
Hi all new here sold me splitty,was fed up swaying over those lorry dips in the road and the kids screaming i was trying to kill them.So i have purchased a 1972 bay which i pick up on Sat 26th paid £6900 its having its interior done at the mo so will post more pics soon,am i the first to join without actually having a bay yet lol.How do i upload a pic...[/img]

Register with someone like photobucket .com and upload your pics there.

then start a thread at the top are a row of buttons select img go to photobucket and beneath your image are a load of urls' click on the lower img one and it should come up copied. return to the thread and ctrl+V then select the img button at the top again et voila.... you have just posted a pic...

Hi Sittingonthedockofthe BAY,
You certainly win the prize for the longest user name :lol: :lol:

I think theres plenty of members without a van - you just need an interest in bays...

For your pics try this:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=602

if you have any problems then PM me and I'll give you a hand...

Oh, and welcome to the forum - nice to have you here! 8)

;)

welcome aboard matey,i registered about three months ago and bought my 69 tin top last weekend!! took a while to find the right one! :lol: :lol: look forward to pics.

now way, i just sold my split for a bay too!! My mates thought I was crazy. It feels much safer, steering and braking are loads better. I think early bays are the best of the VW bus.. :D

Hi mate welcome to forum i joined 8months before i finally got my van but gained a wealth of knowledge by being on here too much :lol:

welcome doood! great choice, now lets see them pics 8)

Hi many thx folks i feel at home on here already,just got to get me one of those tea shirts.Finally got my dream bay last night 1970 bay its on the volksworld web site,picked her up for £6500 its the one in Hampshire just so you can see a pic before i master this site for pics lol,didnt get me home ended up being towed home lots of buning oil and then a very lou metal sound....gulp,have been back on the phone to him and he has said he will go hals on any thing i pay what a great chap,am ringing type2detectives to get it round to them asap,will keep you informed again many thx chaps....Rowan.

So it was this one here then the orange one 3rd one down? looks cool and a nice Dormobile roof too,which I think is the best roof of them all.

http://www.magazineclassifieds.co.uk/search/volksworld/details/105626/MUCH_LOVED_CAMPER!.php?PHPSESSID=b58e61a05215418261872b1881b8624c

Does it even start now? Bad luck dude,hope you get it runnung soon.Recon engines start at about £495 for cheepies from a known company,without fitting etc though.

Yep its the orange 1 roof in ex condition as is the inside,yep it starts but sounds terrible,the bloke i brought it off will go halfs with me anything up to £800 £400 each result....Rowan

Welcome Sit,

is it ok if i call you Sit? as your name is a bit of a keyboard full :lol: and im lazy.

and the ad says "excellent runner".....................

you're either unlucky or the seller wasn't telling all

If I was you, I'd see what the likely damage is before you agree to anything

Howdee, sorry to hear about the engine. I agree with Wannabay hold off agreeing anything until you know what's up - could have been brewing for a while resulting in previous owner wanting to get shot.

On another note, there seem to be quite a few former Split screen owners seeing the light at the moment. Never been into splits, all frills and no knickers (mind you like the sound of that :? )

Latest posts