High/Low - The Poll

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How high is your van at the moment?

• Higher than stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • Lower than stock

Votes: 37 56.9%

• Total voters
Mine is stock at the moment, but will tickled with the lowering stick to get it down 3 inches so that it fits into the garage, thats when the MG is gone.

front is lower, but rear is standard, although it has sagged a bit, but its 40 years old I'll give it that!

Lowered with a 4" narrowed beam, but using stock commercial tyres to keep it a fair way from the ground.

I can still crawl under mine (JUST!) but I'm only small :D

Fraggle said:
Tofufi said:
Lowered with a 4" narrowed beam, but using stock commercial tyres to keep it a fair way from the ground.

I can still crawl under mine (JUST!) but I'm only small :D

Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your bus with this set up 8)

CIMG8554.jpg

It seems the stance is a bit 'marmite' ;)

To be honest, my bus is rather function over form. As long as it works, and fits in the garage, I don't mind how it looks. Commercial van tyres are far cheaper than 'slam' (low profile :roll: ) tyres.

The lowering job gives a reasonable ride, mostly due to the chubby tyres having a lot of bounce in them. I need to sort the shocks out as they aren't at the most appropriate angle at the moment (due to the narrowed beam). The back end is down one spline too.

At the moment, I'm just using the bus as my everyday vehicle whilst I restore my bug. When the bug is done, I might consider buying some dropped spindles to get it closer to the ground (and some much-needed cosmetic attention)

I believe you can get low profile tyres with high load ratings if you search around. :)

Mines lower than standard about 2"-3" all round although stock wheels and tyres on the rear with smaller tyres on the front :D

Still riding at stock height despite a few moments of weakness when I've nearly given in to the prevailing trend.

Must say I like the bouncy, wallowy ride and when I'm sat in it, it comes down a couple of inches anyway. I've noticed this whilst vainly looking in shop windows whilst driving along :oops: .

Latest posts