Hitler world war 2 firing squad bay !!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
Bit of a strange one this !

I was at white noise at the weekend. Got chatting to an old guy ( nice bloke ) . I purchased a light for my bus and we got chatting. He had been into vw s for many years. Once owned a barn door splitty , had several bays.
He now has a t25. He recons it's his fav bus to date ???, said he wouldn't go back to a split or bay :(

Anyway he showed me a pic in one of just campers mags of him and his wife years n years ago in his tin top westy. Was quite interesting.

I love talking to an old geezer who's got loads of interesting story's ,

Anyway he told me about one of his old bays years ago!

When he first got it it had a thick glass panel / sheet , just like some taxis have nowadays , and this was clamped in place like a sound barrier .

Also in the back of the bus was shackle points.

This guy wonted to turn the bus into a camper so ripped all this out and started his camper resto.

He said he then got thinking about what was og in the bus and contacted vw Germany.

Turns out it was 1 of 2 bays that was originally used by hitler and his team to take prisoners of war and never to return , so we assume firing squad or gas chambers.

Bit grim I know

I wouldn't won't it as a camper.

The guy said when he found out he didn't won't it any more. Everyone who traveled in the back prob didn't survive.

He sold it and didn't tell the new owner the story.

Apparently the new owner returned to tell the old guy months later that the bus set alight on a motorway with his family ( kids included ) in it.

All was ok and they got out fine but the bus died!

So there's one left somewhere?

Anyone know anymore about the death bays if u wonna call them that ?

Grim :(

So he bought a bay sometime between 1968 to 1979 that was previously used in the 1939 -1945 war!??
Cool.

Reckon he might have been pulling your chain. Like Lee has said bays were 1st built in 67. Hitler was long gone by then. In fact he wasn't even about to see the 1st barndoor.

Putting it briefly, the old bugger was full of shit. :lol:

Yer your right lee

:evil:

He did show me n the wife a pic of them ( black n white ) of them in an early bay that just campers used but he wasn't referring to that bus

Was def them in that pic

What's the old boy on about

When he was talking to me I'd had a neck full of wine :lol:

Seemed such a lovely old boy , blinkin scallywag , wait till I see him next festival

I'm too young to remember all the ww dates. Better get on google do me research

If anyone won'ts to fill me in on here feel free

Naively i thought during the war there was beetles and splits

Can't believe the old boy was so full of crap

I reckon he was yanking your chain to see how much you`d take before saying,,, "Now hang on a goddam minute" I bet he`s told all his mates now as well :shock: The old dudes are the best at this shit because you start believing them because they is old :roll: Anyway ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, have a look in the for sale section because I got a left handed hammer up for sale and it`s a beauty, they don`t make them like that any more, must be worth an absolute fortune,,, you might just get a bargain here ;) Might have a long wait for you too :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bet you ain`t the first though :mrgreen:

Forget about that left handed hammer, 10 a penny them things!!!

Just for you, at a special discounted price of £99.99, that's right less than a hundred poond!!
A gen OG Hackworths idiot stick, guaranteed to fix anything!!!

0d01c43154becef01019590b188853fd.jpg

Any good to you spongelee123?????

I got a long weight!!!! Got given to me in the army in SA when I was a lot younger and naiver. :lol: :lol:

Never been able to get rid of it though, sentimental old fool. :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

Nerrrr I got one of them....
... In fact I got two

Brought them of some old boy at white noise :lol:

On another note ...

Just been reading info on early vw and ww , really interesting
Gonna have to read twice as a lot to take in !

I have some spare bubbles for spirit levels at £20, also some tartan paint if anyone wants these!!!

Skyguy said:
I have some spare bubbles for spirit levels at £20, also some tartan paint if anyone wants these!!!

did you get the paint of this guy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111202776585?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At Stamford Hall in the 90's a guy was selling original early steel wheels with cross ply tyres on them (can't remember if they were for a split or bug). He said to one guy looking at them, 'they have NOS air in them, not been pumped up since they left the factory' The guy was hooked and i walked away laughing to myself. :lol:

did you get the paint of this guy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111202776585?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

:lol:

Latest posts