Holding up the pop-top bunk?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyclingSteve

Reaction score
Hello there - does anyone have a better solution for holding up the solid bed in the Westy pop-top? Its not the hinged type - it is full length with fold-up headboard. The black ball toggles are failing because the metal ball brackets are too feeble - anyone have a solution or alternatively can anyone recommend best quality solid toggle brackets?

Cheers

CS

It's these toggles I mean if that helps? - the brackets are not good quality, hence can't seem to carry the weight of the bunk. Eventually they give way and the bed falls down leading to a nervous van :(

IMG_4209_zpsgoq93xte.jpg

Anyone use a better way to hold the bed up? or recommend better toggles/brackets?

Cheers

CS

I've one like that and two either side which are like metal claws but they have nothing to do with the bed they secure the west roof, maybe someones bodged it?

If your near Gatwick come and have a look at mine if you like to see whats different

Ok I'm talking crap, I have two of the sort of rubber ball toggles you have one either side, but very little movement and I've not changed them in six years.

Thanks a lot for looking Brad - much appreciated. Are yours fitted same as mine - i.e. bowl of the catch facing down - you stretch the toggle down and land the ball in the bowl so to speak?

CS

Yep exactly the same, but both my toggles are tight, maybe you just need to get some decent new ones, I know I bought one for securing the rear of my roof and once the GF stretched it it has never even been worth putting on as it's too long now with no tension, Ive been meaning to do it for ages

Maybe look at some performance car parts sites, they often use these for holding down bonnets. I agree these parts available from the vow lot seem poor quality

Latest posts