• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Holdsworth cooker - mission impossible?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am looking for a cooker (and sink if it ever had one) for our '70 Holdsworth camper. All that we have left are the gas lines but no cooker. In fact I don't even know what they look like, so if anyone could provide me with a picture that would be great. We have had our Earlybay for 18 years now and travelled all around Europe in it so it's about a time to give it some TLC after I finish our split bus. It is also missing plastic 'grilles' inside the pop-top which should provide fresh air while camping.. I have the remains, but it might be impossible to find replacements?

Cheers and thanks for any help in advance,

Kai.

ps. a couple of pics..

Wilma2.jpg
Wilma1a.jpg

Lovely van in a lovely country :) Rare to see a lhd Holdsworth.

There's a picture of a cooker on page 84 of David Eccles' book "VW Camper - the Inside Story". I think yours is a "layout 1" van and the cooker should sit on the side unit. David may well have more pics of Holdsworth interiors. He's updating the book right now so might be interested in pics of your interior.

Try talking to Stan at Caravan Supplies - he may know what the cooker looked like and may even know where there one might be found. http://www.caravan-supplies.co.uk/

Brian

Thanks for your tips. I'll try contacting Caravan supplies and order that book. The camper was originally registered in the UK. The first owner left for a trip around the world (hence the left hand drive). He was denied visa to Pakistan, sold the van to a Finish carpenter working there, who then drove it to Helsinki. Quite a trip it must have been for the drivers and the camper :) It then sat nearly two decades in a garage until it was sold to a builder who nearly ruined it living in the car for a year. We have tried to keep it as stock as possible but as we have not ever seen any other early Holdsworths it has been a struggle.

Cheers,

Kai

Latest posts