• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honda CR-V 2.0i SE *Non-runner*

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeze

Reaction score
OK, so just in case this is of interest to anyone on here, thought I may as well post it up :p

This was my daily until a short while ago, when the motor decided to let go in a big way coming off the motorway :evil:
It's fixable but have quite enough on my plate with the bus and other plans so have replaced it already and now just need it off the drive as it's getting in the way :roll:

Cut'n'paste special from adverts am running elsewhere... :msn4:

Honda CR-V 20i SE *Non-Runner*

This is our 84k mile, Honda CR-V SE.

It's an '02 plate with only 2 previous owners and 84k miles with full history.

Despite this, the engine decided to let go on the motorway and not being able to without a car, we've bought a replacement so the CR-V is for sale as a non-runner.

Spec-wise, it has all the usual:
Aircon, ABS, power steering, electric window, electric heated mirrors, cd player (standard size so putting a new one in with USB and bluetooth is simple!), remote central locking, and so on.
Being a CR-V, it's an immensely practical and spacious car.

Overall, it's in good condition as you would expect from a low owner, sensible mileage car and all the tires are decent quality Bridgestones with plenty of tread.

Bad points (other than the blown engine...!) before the engine went are:
The steering groaned and rumbled on full lock. This is a known CR-V 'issue' and simply means that the rear diff oil needs changing. I was going to get it done at the next service as it's due at 90k anyway.
The main interior light doesn't work (but the other ones do).
Other than that, it was all working just fine until the engine went.

It should be obvious but I am going to say it anyway, the engine doesn't run. It will need to be towed away. It won't be an option to try and limp it home.

We had quotes of about 12hrs labour to replace the engine, plus the cost of the engine itself.
CR-Vs in this condition and mileage seem to go for over twice what we are asking so you have plenty change to sort the engine and have a cheap CR-V whether you pay to get the engine changed or tackle it yourself.

Latest posts