Hot Rod King Boyd Coddington Dies

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vil

Reaction score
Just read the news on another forum, Boyd Coddington has died :cry:

If you are into Custom Cars, Beetles, Buses etc etc etc then you will know how influential this man has been over the years to the custom scene, you may also know him from the 'American Hotrod' programmes off the TV

A sad day indeed :cry:

RIP Boyd

"May the road rise to you" Boyd.The world is gonna be a bit different without you.I mean he's quite up there with the big names. :cry:

Where did you find out about this?
How old was he?

Got to say that i've watched a lot of the American Hotrod series and he certainly knew how to build cars

It is not often in your life you meet one of your hero's.
I was lucky enough to meet Boyd at his hot rod shop in California a couple of years ago. His cars are a work of art and the man was a legend.
R.I.P Boyd Coddington.

Its a sad day indeed, he did some iconic builds :cry: RIP

I was really shocked when I read about this, such a loss to both his family and the Hot Rod/car scene in general.

Whatever your views on American Hot Rods and custom cars, the work that goes into them is simply awesome, and some would say that Boyd was the best in his field.

He apparently had been diabetic most of his life, although it seems unclear if this is connected with the cause of death. He had surgery very recently and some reports have suggested that he died as a result of complications after this surgery. He was only 63 years of age.

There will no doubt be an incredible display of cars at his funeral......he would have loved to see that.....

He is survived by five sons and his wife Jo.

RIP to an incredibly talented man.

This really is shocking news!! I only know him through his programme American Hotrod :oops: but have also heard that he has been overly influential in custom car circles. Very sad!! RIP :(

that sucks, rip boyd. bet his wheels get dearer now.

Latest posts