How Does Your Van Ride?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bus is lowered by one spline at the back and slightly further down at the front on the lowered beam with lowered shocks all round, and with 175/70 R14 at the front and 185 R14 at the back.

It seems to hold the road well on the corners and glides over bumps in the roads, which means i don't have to crawl over speedbumps :mrgreen:

Used to be bone shattering, with just a turned beam. Now have dropped spindles and a narrowed beam. The suspension is much much better now. No tyre rub too.

Although my mondo exhaust is grounding, so that has to go. any sugestions?

P1010586.jpg

adamski said:
Used to be bone shattering, with just a turned beam. Now have dropped spindles and a narrowed beam. The suspension is much much better now. No tyre rub too.

P1010586.jpg

Sweet van mate not seen that one before love the ride height

adamski said:

love the stance, very cool

if money isnt an object the csp python looks the biz, volksworld are testing one next month i think?

Mines moderately lowered and drives/handles very nicely, much much more stable than when it was stock. I fancy some better shocks to stiffen the front a little, but otherwise its great. Driving it pre lowering was way to 'wallowing' for me.

I do hanker for lower/narrower though, so Im enjoying it while I can. My Variants as low as it can be whilst drivable, and that requires an awful lot more thought when choosing a line!

Quick question - van at stock height...
I'm getting an uprated front ARB today, and should probably replace the dampers - what to get?
Would like to retain comfy ride, but wouldn't mind slightly better handling - which dampers? Some say KYBs ruin ride..?
Stick to 'stock' - shopping from JK, as I want to go and pick up today (Top Gear track looming :lol: )

Just to add - python exhaust article is in the new edition of the Volksworld Camper & Bus mag - was looking at it in WHSmiths last week - they rate it highly...
Lovely bus Adamski...

I love the way mine rides :mrgreen:

Its lowered a couple of splines on the back with new standard shocks. 3.75 narrowed creative weedeater beam on creative adjustable shocks up front all sitting on 205 70 15 tyres all round, super comfy and handles perfectly. The steering may be a tad stiff, but thats the way i like it! :shock: :wink: :lol:

ddffrost said:
Whats going on with the back bumper though looks interesting?

I have splitty over riders on the van. I am in the process of removing them on the front, as I had to lower the bumper (if you look at the distance from the bottom of the door to the step - there was an inch spacer there). To put them on (and the previous owner re-welded the front indicator light 50mm up too!!) to fit the towel rail. With the new ride height the bumper was too low.

bus_lowered_like_crazy.gif

Anyone know where I can get one of those exhausts in the uk (python?)

Machine 7 are CSP dealers I think

Prices are around £600 ;)

easy said:
I love the way mine rides :mrgreen:

Its lowered a couple of splines on the back with new standard shocks. 3.75 narrowed creative weedeater beam on creative adjustable shocks up front all sitting on 205 70 15 tyres all round, super comfy and handles perfectly. The steering may be a tad stiff, but thats the way i like it! :shock: :wink: :lol:

I was told you couldn't get fat tyres on lowered vans i think mine has 185's all round might look at fattening them up a bit see if it helps also booked in for a serivice so were going to look at the shocks set up when its up in the air and see if we cant upgrade them a bit

i like the look of 205s on the back but im not sure if i could get cookie cutters and 205s on due to the offset?

Just picked up my uprated ARB from JK this morning, so will be interesting to see what difference it makes - alos picked up some new standard dampers - got to keep that 'float' 8)
(Is it a bit cheeky of JK to sell the uprated ARB 'with fittings', when actually all that means is it comes with 2 red polyurythene blocks, so that you then also have to buy 2 fitting kits seperately, which contain a black rubber block you then have to throw away....umm.)
Still - nice bit of land they have there (although I may not go in the 7 next time - ground clearance an issue on some of those lanes!) and good service...

Great looking bay! What exhaust do you have, as I am having real ground clearance problems?

Grazy said:
Mine is pretty much the same set up as Faux bus , The only thing i find hard to get used to is the non - corrective steering :shock: So you have to steer in and out of every turn :?

100_1128.jpg

adamski said:
Great looking bay! What exhaust do you have, as I am having real ground clearance problems?

Grazy said:
Mine is pretty much the same set up as Faux bus , The only thing i find hard to get used to is the non - corrective steering :shock: So you have to steer in and out of every turn :?

100_1128.jpg

Stock Exhaust Adam and the back is not SUPER low , I know Ego Trippin`s bus is lower than mine at the back and he has a Bugpack set up i think and i rubs speed humps

Yeah my single quiet pack catches every speed bump near my flat :(

DSC03481small.jpg

You are right Grazy, my bus is lower at the business end :lol:

2'' narrowed CB Performance beam with king & link pin dropped spindles. Beam is on adjusters on the highest setting!
Rear is lowered 2 splines with modified spring plates and cut down bump stops.

Overall its 9'' lower at the front, 6'' lower at the back. :D

Latest posts