How long ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I first drove my 1973 model-year (manufactured in late-August or early-September 1972), VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental motor-caravan in January 1975, which my father had bought second-hand, from an Australian hospital-doctor we met on a campsite in Greece during September 1974. It was the first vehicle I drove solo in August 1975. It's been part of my life for the past 49½ years.

360682.jpg

2381088.jpg

359609.jpg

359611.jpg

359614.jpg

360681.jpg
This is such a lovely story. Hard to comprehend a timeline older than ones self. I was born in 78.

Hello,
Thought this would be a good place for my first post and introduction!
I’ve owned my 71 Bay for 1 week now! 😅 it’s my 1st one. I’ve been saving for a longtime and I’ve finally done it. It’s parked on my drive and I can’t stop looking out of the windows to to catch of glimps of of it every now and then 😊
I plan on doing a lot of the maintenance myself so I’m sure I’ll be posting a few silly questions as I familiarise myself with the ins and outs of the bus.

Hello,
Thought this would be a good place for my first post and introduction!
I’ve owned my 71 Bay for 1 week now! 😅 it’s my 1st one. I’ve been saving for a longtime and I’ve finally done it. It’s parked on my drive and I can’t stop looking out of the windows to to catch of glimps of of it every now and then 😊
I plan on doing a lot of the maintenance myself so I’m sure I’ll be posting a few silly questions as I familiarise myself with the ins and outs of the bus.
Welcome to the forum, there is an introductions section and you can start a thread in the gallery.

I've had my late bay since I was... 5 years old! At that time, I let my dad drive it until I could get my license. ;)

If you like this kind of stories, you should read this one:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=528538

Noting your spelling of the noun pertaining to a driving permit, you must be a speaker / writer of American-English rather than ENGLISH, because in ENGLISH, licence is a noun whilst license is a verb.

Noting your spelling of the noun pertaining to a driving permit, you must be a speaker / writer of American-English rather than ENGLISH, because in ENGLISH, licence is a noun whilst license is a verb.
Forum is international, and actually US owned now. Lots of American friends on here. No need for the capitalisation of ‘English’.

Latest posts