How often do you use it

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used mine today to go to work (my motorbike is still in the sodding dealers workshop :roll: ) - generally I like doing fun miles in the camper, commuting miles I'd rather stick on my bike - I also get a car allowance and policy states vehicle should be no more than 8 years old :D

I come under the category of 'still doing the resto but going to use it as my daily'

But from what I've heard, a lot of guys think the same until they've tried it for a while !

After that it becomes 'sunshine, holidays and the occasional show'.. is this true ?

i use mine alot 17,500 miles in three and a half years i use it most days for every eventuallity , skip run, shifting couches , ferrying the kids here there and everywhere, and my euro roadtrips (3 x trips totalling 9000mile + ninove 1050) :D the rest of the mileage is localised personally i think the more you use them the better they run and it helps you nip any problems in the bud quickly as you spot them sooner rather than later ;)(whats that noise :msn4: ) and because its your daily you tend to fix them right away rather than build a great big list for the weekend when nowhere is open :roll: i love driving my bus its great :D

chris

Mainly holidays and shows and when the sunshine is out of course 8)
but yeh the cost of fuel makes a difference to how ofthen i use it :evil: and my daily is only a clio

shaun

The price of fuel does come into it to a degree, but so does the price of everything of late.... :roll:

I tend to 'take the bus' rather than the car for most running around unless I'm in a hurry! I really enjoy driving the bus, brings a smile to my face every time I climb behind the wheel.
That said, since I got the Alfa Romeo daily, I really enjoy driving that too, but in a slightly different way. Fuel consumption is similar......

I use mine as often as I can lots after payday but not so much the week before!
I think just recently I've spent more keeping her sound than I'll ever use in fuel :lol:

Use mine most weekends, just to give it a run even if I am not necessarily going anywhere special. Got to use it to get to work tomorrow as my daily is in the garage for some warranty repair work. Definately waking the neighbours up when I drive out at 5.30am tomorrow, it is not the quietest bus in the world! :lol:

Havnt used mine since about october last year. Gave it a wash n polish then its been under a dust cover at work since.
Would love to have it as a daly if only in the summer months but the area i live in is unfortunately a shithole.
Dont even like parking it outside my house on a saturday afternoon for a few hours when i finnish work at lunchtime.
Sad realy aint it :( .

Getting a service n MOT next week so will be out for a spin in it next week, weather, missus, money etc permitting :mrgreen: .

Rich

havent driven mine for 4 months... and now the f#cker won't start!
i would live to use it for my work... especially as it's liveried up but its just not cost effective!

the tax and insurance does kind of off set the fuel cost... but the way the prices are going thats going to become less and less i reckon!

so for me camping, the odd show and a few day trips in spring and summer....
sometimes makes me think having that sort of money just sitting there is good reason to sell it.... :?

myvanway 69 said:
MMMmm mine smells just like a 1969 Dodge charger at the Mo!!! :shock:
Sounds like?!?!?!?!?! Noisey :shock:
And goes like..........a bag of shi$
:lol:

Wander what mpg its doing??!! :shock:

I hope it doesn't smell as bad as my charger or do similar mpg!!

I haven't used my van since Christmas eve.

Frisco69 said:
myvanway 69 said:

You have a charger?!?! You are my new best friend!!!! :mrgreen:

thru_a_lupe said:
Frisco69 said:
myvanway 69 said:

You have a charger?!?! You are my new best friend!!!! :mrgreen:

Don't get too excited! It needs a lot of work before its back on the road!
The one I had before was great fun to own. I should have kept that one.

I last used mine on the weekend, and ran it as my daily for a couple of days. :)

Having a couple of other cars (and a job that keeps me busy with overtime, to help pay for my toys :lol: ) it has to wait its turn to come out and play, but year round I try never to go more than 3-4 weeks without using it. :D

myvanway 69 said:
U got a Big block R/T?? 8)

Dont care...Show.....Show!!! :D

Also love the challenger Aka (Vanishing point) 8)
Super cool.

Yeah '68 440 R/T.

Not much to look at really!
I'll start another thread with pics when I get a chance!

Latest posts