how to fit a windscreen in a bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strongy

Reaction score
i recently typed this up for someone on the forum,he used this as a guide and came back to me saying i should sell it,so i thought id pop it in hear.it might come in use again for someone else

this is not set in stone but ive been doing the job 15 years and find this the easyest way.(there are loads of different ways, feel free to add to this) i'll try, hard to explain on here,but the string round the glass starting about 2" up from the bottom corner, make a loop in the same place the oposite side.

You can do this solo but it's easier with two;

spray some water round the apature(not needed but makes it easier )

now lay the glass in place

both sit in front, one each side

put one arm out the door and pull screen in towards you

key part is to make sure its central

now pull the string round the bottom while keeping presure on glass. about 9"(same both sides)now come up the sides and round the top.

DONT WORRY IF THE SIDES MISS AT THIS POINT,YOU CAN HOOK THEM IN LATER

then work your way across top and bottom(may need some presure from outside)

all the time try and keep the rubber on the outside lipped,not sat in
once the sides look like they will lip just hook them out

slaping it in is a very good way but a novice will usually break it, be careful

never push where the string is,and never hit where it is not lipped

honestly this is usually no more than a 10 min job unless the front panel is on wrong

hope this helps, let me no how you get on.

any more info just ask

oh

some people will say to use wd40,washing up liquid and various other lubes,this is not necessarily wrong. The only problem with these are as well as helping the screen go in, it can allso make it slide out while fitting and make it harder to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts