How to tub a bay, anyone know or got any advice?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right then, I've been camping since Wednesday in Wales and I definitely need to tub it.

Has anyone got any pics of Ben Lewis' tubs, or any others?

I plan to get straight on it now.

Hi ballbag
Have a look here ,sorry there splitscreen but gives you an idea .have a look at the beetle beam :shock: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=257266&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tubbing+bay&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and theres some in here some where http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156211&highlight=slammed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave

Auto Techniks bay is as cool as it gets untubbed...........but a tubbed bus looks so radical 8)

tubbedbay.jpg

but having driven a tubbed bus long distances...and I'm short I'd say it is'nt what I'd call comfy
but looks amazing....our old tubbed splitty
untitled.jpg

Here's some I've just seen on T2D blog, just done 'em on an early bay, I too am maybee gonna go down this road as I would like to get a little bit lower.
dyn009_original_480_640_pjpeg_25394.jpg

dyn009_original_640_480_pjpeg_25394.jpg

That's the depth I'm talking about, about 25mm should do it.

I'm just fed up up of rubbing at 60mph and the steering trying to correct it self. It can get a bit hairy to say the least :shock:

Those are very nice tubs but, I want it to look a bit more factory.

I've just taken out my seats and placed two bits of 25mm wood on the runners and put the seats back on, there's hardly any difference so 25mm tubs it is then.

Just gotta get my welder back off my mate today and I'm gonna make a start this week, just before Bigbang :lol:

I'm definitely going down the same route as 'VWsarentforhippies' on the previous page.

Hey Guys,

Thats my early bay down at T2D being tubbed.......thanks for the photos, its been down there for a couple of weeks and i was wondering how it would turn out.......looks good to me :mrgreen:

I specifically asked for a small tub (max 2") as at 5' 11" i was also worried about headroom and if i would be able to see out of the window!

Its back this week.......I let you guys know how i get on.

69ArmyBay said:
Hey Guys,

Thats my early bay down at T2D being tubbed.......thanks for the photos, its been down there for a couple of weeks and i was wondering how it would turn out.......looks good to me :mrgreen:

I specifically asked for a small tub (max 2") as at 5' 11" i was also worried about headroom and if i would be able to see out of the window!

hey dude, I never got to do the tubs because of time, what are yours like to live with then?

I may even ask Paul Medhurst if they can make me some and get them in the post.

ballbag said:
69ArmyBay said:
Hey Guys,

hey dude, I never got to do the tubs because of time, what are yours like to live with then?

Mate look at Ash's (Dubscum), there done by Slamwerks and look the nuts, very factory 8)

61 stu said:
ballbag said:
69ArmyBay said:
Hey Guys,

Mate look at Ash's (Dubscum), there done by Slamwerks and look the nuts, very factory 8)

Cheers Stu, I just posted on his thread and asked for some pics, I might even PM him to see what it cost for them to do it. Time is my biggest factor :roll: especially as I'm off to Cornwall in 3 weeks. :shock:

ballbag said:
69ArmyBay said:
Hey Guys,

Give Guy@Slamwerks a call on monday, they could make you some up, wouldn't be to bad to pop down and pick them up (only in Derby) either as i would imagine they would be tricky to post,

Ted said:
ballbag said:
69ArmyBay said:
Hey Guys,

Give Guy@Slamwerks a call on monday, they could make you some up, wouldn't be to bad to pop down and pick them up (only in Derby) either as i would imagine they would be tricky to post,

Cool, I'll give him a bel tomorrow and see what he says.

Hi

We have some tubs in stock laser cut up you would just need to cut the hole and weld them in. Give us a call at the workshop and we could send you some.

Thanks

http://WWW.SLAMWERKS.CO.UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have mine raised 20mm just enough to stop any rubbage have a nosey on my thread :mrgreen:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20&start=440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doesnt raise the seat up, which is good as im 6ft 2 already and dont want to bang me head on the roof ;)

Latest posts