• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Huey - 1970 Single Cab RHD - Sold

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorWheeto

Reaction score
I don't really want to part with Huey, but I'm simply not getting the time to use him.

Build thread here:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not in a huge rush to sell him, but I am open to offers.

Can we have a guide price please ?

Sorry, yes!

£7995 as a start. Open to SENSIBLE offers, just don't want to be bombarded with silly low offers!
(Which is why I'm avoiding eBay and VZi for the moment, not in a huge rush to get him sold)
Also should probably state that I need to downsize the vehicle fleet so have no interested in a part ex.

Well I've had an offer on my house and unfortunately Huey represents a large chunk of deposit for my next one.

Also as I am leaving the VW world for the foreseeable future I am including all the VW spares I have accumulated over the last 9 years as part of the sale.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING PARTS ARE GOING WITH THE VAN, I'M NOT SELLING ANYTHING SEPERATE. SEE SOMETHING YOU LIKE? BUY THE VAN!
P1010633.jpg

Wide five deep dish rims. Not banded.
P1010634.jpg

Treasure chest lock handle and gasket - Hard to find, hard to hand over the cash for to receive so little. (Much the same as the locking engine lid handle I found!) I found and fitted a NOS treasure chest lock to the van and it has two keys, the lock cover/handle took me 5 years to find!
P1010637.jpg

1600 Beetle oil bath air filter, won't fit the van but getting harder to find and worth good money
P1010638.jpg

70s (judging by Jackie Stewart's hair!) chrome fog lamp
P1010639.jpg

P1010640.jpg

Window lifter mechanisms, I found some good second hand ones because the quality of the repros is so poor
P1010641.jpg

The case needs line boring, it was built by a muppet who didn't think to check the case for wear. As a result it contains a full set of unused bearings.
P1010642.jpg

I will also been including the original drop gates but as you can see in the resto thread they aren't in the best shape!
If I find anything else VW related I will chuck it in with the van as part of the sale.

I've just received this PM:
Hi mate

Interested in the wide 5 rims

Are they wider than stock and are the 14"?

PLEASE READ MY ADVERT! ALL OF THE PARTS SHOWN ARE GOING WITH THE VAN. I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING SEPARATE!

Now reduced to £7499
I've accepted an offer on my house - I have found a house I want to make an offer on - I just need someone to make an offer on Huey!

Had my offer accepted, I now know the worst case, minimum amount I need from the sale of the van. Make me a offer, you might be surprised!

:D Just gone through an MOT so he is all ready to drive away

Now On eBay :(
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T2a-Early-Bay-Single-Cab-Right-Hand-Drive-Pick-Up-Not-Volkswagen-Camper-/191125133695?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c7ff2197f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts