I had one of those "my car won't start" phonecalls...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin & Muttley

Reaction score
Got a call from Joy earlier saying that her '67 bug wouldn't start - managed to jump start it in the end but it took a while and involved a trip home again to collect some heavy-duty jumpleads as the ones in her car were shit.

She said she had been really low on fuel before a friend ran her down to the garage for a jerry-can full.

I was wondering what you guys think of that whole 'if you let it get too low it sucks all the crap from the bottom of the tank' argument? From memory, the fuel outlet on her car is right at the bottom anyway!

Can't think of any reason why it would have been so reluctant to start, it wasn't flooded as it took the best part of an hour to get home for the other leads?

All suggestions/comments welcome...

Juss

;)

will stand back from the abuse :shock: you cant pick up dirt cos the fuels low,as you say the pick up dont move when the fuels low and the pipe sits up from the bottom of the tank to stop this,just a bar room old folks tale.would check fuel supply though as it looks like it took ages to pull fuel through when she ran out,flattening battary?gauze filter in tank and pump if you have old style,or pump weak :roll: fix the fuel gauge as well :lol:

Latest posts