I have gone with Cherished Vehicle Insurance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:? I deliberately didn`t reply last night Mr Wiggy, (had a few pints on board) Suffice to say
" You cheeky, cheeky little bar steward ", (wouldn`t have been that polite last night). But I got Adrian flux wanting £135.00 full comp.. Plus £85.00 breakdown cover, plus photos required for an agreed value, but that`s not an issue at the moment. In the middle of resto soooooo Might stay where I am, have to decide this weekend. Dooooo like the idea of supporting our sponser though. :? :roll: :?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Confused DOG com :lol: :shock: :lol:

im with heritage, agreed value allbeit it lower as its mid resto, me and the misses both named drivers, breakdown cover etc, £140 all in, just renewed it.

any good :)

just took out new insurance policy with Pete Best, £167.18 fully comp, agreed value, 3000 miles, unlimited euro cove, nil windscren excess, 100 acc damage excess, and breakdown/recovery, and agreed value

well happy, cherished was £179.25 for the same exact policy ( except £60 for windscreen excess)

Hi All

Just thought I would firstly say thanks to all of those who have tried us and insured with us. Also I wanted to say it is great to see so many nice comments about Mark, he is too shy to say thank you himself, but I am sure he will bring up your comments when he asks for a pay rise!

I also want to reassure you after seeing a comment on agreed value, that when we agree a value it is agreed. We have on occasions not agreed a valuation from photos or we have asked for an independent valuation when we feel the value is a little high, this is not often but does sometimes happen. So please be assured when you insure with us and we agree a value we do it properly and you wont have any worries when you claim.

Finally although the forum is a great way to communicate but if you do have any questions please give us a call and we are here to help all earlybay members and I promise we are not robots, just classic vehicle enthusiast who happen to do classic vehicle insurance.

Pete @ CVI
0800 954 2875
:D

Mike F said:
Can't see any reason to move after 13 years with them.
Hi Mike

Sometime that is reason in itself!! Loyalty with insurance companies doesn't always pay off.

I've just got a quote from Cherished...£178...over £100 cheaper than last year's premium and I get european breakdown cover as well as UK. Based on recent experience I might not even make it to Dover to try it out on the continent!! Really nice guy on the other end of the phone as well.

Baldrick said:
Mike F said:
Hi Mike

Sometime that is reason in itself!! Loyalty with insurance companies doesn't always pay off.

Maybe, but I've been with Heritage at Norton Insurance for nearly 15 years, and they've beaten every other quote I've had.

sparkywig said:
Baldrick said:
Mike F said:
Hi Mike

Maybe, but I've been with Heritage at Norton Insurance for nearly 15 years, and they've beaten every other quote I've had.

Another reason is that the current quote is actually half what they told me it'd be with my new agreed value, and not much more than last year. I actually think they got it wrong!

At the risk of jumping on the "Mark Fan Club" bandwagon, I also spoke with him a couple of times, he was professional & knowledgable.

They were very competitive including Class 1 Business.

Thats why they got my business

:D

Cheers

G

I too have placed my insurance with Cherished!

Having been with Herts via JUst Kampers for 4-5 years they tried to palce me with a company i have never heard of and who's financial security could not be established.

I must say Cherished were friendly, swift and to the point none of this call centre feel to it.

It was too cheaper although with a less mileage but i feel better value for money, just got to send my photos off and mileage.

Thanks CVI! ;)

(I didn't mention the V10 Viper engine conversion, or the revolving reg plates or the bullet proof screen or the machine guns behind the lights or the fact that i use it as an unregistered taxi at weekends :msn4: )

It's not all roses. Cherished couldn't quote for my van (a nebulous value of £13k given it's original spec and the prices I've seen for Cosmetics). With my leafy suburb London postcode it would have to be garaged. I don't understand the garage clause. Would this mean if someone insured with a garage policy parks up at the shops and it gets nicked in the meantime is not covered? What's the point of the garage bit? Vans go missing no matter where they are.
I'll have to lower the van, and ditch all the clutter in the garage...easier said than done. I've stuck with my old insurer at £177, full comp, no garage.
Watch out for the front room only policy next!! Sit your van in front of the TV so it can watch all those insurance ads.
Anyone doing a like for like policy?
¬¬¬

Couldn't help me either - I'm with Sureterm and it came through last week (£100 fully comp etc).
The best Cherished could do was £145, plus the restrictions were more! :shock:

That's the way it goes sometimes ;)

I have just insure mine with Cherished saving me £69 ,

Cheers CVI 8)

Well, Cherished won this year! That's RH, Peter Best and now Cherished, over past 3 years. I simply don't undertand how loyalty isn't worth anything. RH and Peter Best both increased their premiums significantly for the second year (like £30 or £40 on a £140 premium!).

That said, I'm still waiting for the proper certificate to arrive (3 weeks and counting).

Nick

I just renewed with Cherished.

Agreed value no problem (realistic figure to replace), Class 1 Business use if required, European Breakdown cover, Legal expense cover.

They also allowed me to store it in my workshop in the winter months (it is heated & has CCTV covering the outside, sometimes I think I would be better off living in it :D )

The only downside is the agreed mileage is stricter than some :eek:

But overall happy with £265.25

Just hope I never need to test the cover :roll:

My renewal has just come through and I can report, NO stupid price hikes, NO extra crazy conditions, NO new valuation request!

I will be sticking with them and for the first time won't be ringing around for better quotes.

Well done cherished.

Lots of views on limited mileage but has anyone any suggestions which insurance company are best for daily drivers / high mileage ?
When I'm up and running I expect to be doing at least 13 - 15,000 mile a year, if not more . (breakdowns allowing ! )

Latest posts